PBP Qualifying events - the full list and who's riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowjim

Über Member
Forth & Tay 200k, More Passes than Mastermind 200k, Merse & Moors 300k, Auld Alliance 400k and topped off by The Border Raid 600k. A few others will also be done along the way.

goody

Veteran
Did the Willy Wamer yesterday. Found it a lot tougher than I expected and started to wonder if Audaxing was for me (only done three) I think it was the cold geeting to me. Just entered the Wye Wednesday. I did the Dean last year so might do the Hard Boiled if I can find a GPX of the route.

How you getting there for the early start Bud?
You should think about the Man Of Kent on the 22nd March. It's a great ride.

Staying over the night before at a mates house nearby
Unfortunately working the weekend of the Man of Kent....just giving Audax a try this year....doing the Great Escape in May also

marcusjb

Did the Willy Wamer yesterday. Found it a lot tougher than I expected and started to wonder if Audaxing was for me (only done three) I think it was the cold geeting to me. Just entered the Wye Wednesday. I did the Dean last year so might do the Hard Boiled if I can find a GPX of the route.

The Hard Boiled will certainly help you decide whether audax is for you or not. It is certainly the most challenging 300 I have done and, particularly when done back to back with the Dorset Coast 200 (as is traditional), makes for a difficult weekend. It's name comes from the fact that it gets harder as time goes on. The last 100 in particular is savage.

Superb ride and one I would love to revisit at some point.

Link below to my write up of the weekend in 2013 including Strava links that will hopefully give you an idea of what it is all about. The accompanying 400 is about the best out there (Porkers) and the 600 (Brimstone) is a fine way to earn your Wessex SR.

https://marcusjb.wordpress.com/2013...-series-hard-boiled-300-and-dorset-coast-200/

frank9755

Cyclist
I'm doing:
Willy Warmer (done, 200)
Kennet Valley Run (200)
Steam Ride (200)
The Dean (300)
Severn Across (400)
Border Raid (600)
Maybe one or two more if I get time. A couple of the ones down in Kent are on the possible list.

goody

Veteran
Just entered the Asparagus and Strawberries probably going to do the Hard Boiled and waiting for confirmation of leave before entering the Windsor-Chester-Windsor.
Would have done the Severn across but it's full!
Also got the Majorca 312, a trip to paris and back with workmates and hopefully PBP.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
No-one seems to want to come up to the frozen wastes of Yorkshire :cry:

I would far rather come up and ride in Yorkshire than do yet another sodding circuit of Romney bleeding Marsh, but audaxing is already quite time consuming enough* without me trekking all the way to Yorkshire to do it. I fancy the National 400 as well, but it's in the far north of Scottyland.

*in my wife's pov, which is the only pov that matters.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I would far rather come up and ride in Yorkshire than do yet another sodding circuit of Romney bleeding Marsh, but audaxing is already quite time consuming enough* without me trekking all the way to Yorkshire to do it. I fancy the National 400 as well, but it's in the far north of Scottyland.

*in my wife's pov, which is the only pov that matters.

Feel the same.
Would love to get out and away 'oop norf' for some rides rather then more Kent, Surrey, Sussex and Essex loops.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'll be riding the Mad March 200 on Sunday for my first qualifier. Planning to use the temporary fixed.

Top Bottom