1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC advice please - lost toolbar.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 16 Mar 2008.

1. longers

longers Veteran

Hope someone can help.

I've just changed my internet security provider (free trial really) to AVG.
    The toolbar with the "favourites" and "add favourites" buttons has disappeared :biggrin:. I don't know what else was there as I didn't use it.

The list of my favourites is still on the computer as I can access it from the Networks and connections function. Anyone know how to get my toolbar back please? I'm running windows XP.

2. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

I am not skilled enough to suggest how to get your favourites back, but to prevent future problems, install another browser such as Firefox. Then if one browser loses the info. as mine has done in the past, then it is relatively easy to re-import the data from the other browser.

3. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

right-click on the space just below the address bar area and click on Menu Bar, that should bring it back

4. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

is this IE?, right click on the blank space and you should ahve a list of options to show, use firefox, so much better

5. longers

longers Veteran

It is IE, right clicking just gives me the options of restore, move, minimize, close etc. No menu bar option in sight.

6. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

you're clicking in the wrong part. don't click on the blue bar at the very top or the address bar below that where web addresses appear. you need to click on the part just below that but above the actual area where the web pages appear.

7. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

2337954839_0eb0dc6d06_o.jpg Right click in empty space on toolbars, select links. You may have to unlock the toolbar then relock

8. longers

longers Veteran

There is no toolbar!
    All I got is R and L navigation arrows, web address space, refresh, close and an search box.

It looks like the pic in Elmers above the white menu box. The rest is missing :biggrin:.

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Sell your PC and buy a MAC. :biggrin:

10. Elmer Fudd

Do you get a page tab when you open a window as in cycle chat ? If you do R/click on the beige space next to it.
    I'll be back !

11. longers

longers Veteran

No, the page tabs have gone too (and I've only just noticed :biggrin:).

12. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Just get Firefox it is soooooooo much better, and safer...

13. longers

longers Veteran

Could I transfer my favourites onto it from IE? Even though I'm having trouble finding them?

14. simonali

simonali Über Member

Try F11, you might have your browser in full screen mode?

15. Elmer Fudd

Does hitting F11 help Longers ?

Yeah, I tried that, after 2 1/2hrs of surfing my usual site I'd collected just under 20 tracking cookies but using the same sites on IE7, none !

Strange !! Wonder where they all came from