PC advice please - lost toolbar.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Hope someone can help.

I've just changed my internet security provider (free trial really) to AVG.
The toolbar with the "favourites" and "add favourites" buttons has disappeared :biggrin:. I don't know what else was there as I didn't use it.

The list of my favourites is still on the computer as I can access it from the Networks and connections function. Anyone know how to get my toolbar back please? I'm running windows XP.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I am not skilled enough to suggest how to get your favourites back, but to prevent future problems, install another browser such as Firefox. Then if one browser loses the info. as mine has done in the past, then it is relatively easy to re-import the data from the other browser.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
It is IE, right clicking just gives me the options of restore, move, minimize, close etc. No menu bar option in sight.

you're clicking in the wrong part. don't click on the blue bar at the very top or the address bar below that where web addresses appear. you need to click on the part just below that but above the actual area where the web pages appear.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
2337954839_0eb0dc6d06_o.jpg
Right click in empty space on toolbars, select links. You may have to unlock the toolbar then relock

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
There is no toolbar!
All I got is R and L navigation arrows, web address space, refresh, close and an search box.

It looks like the pic in Elmers above the white menu box. The rest is missing :biggrin:.

domtyler

Über Member
Sell your PC and buy a MAC. :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Does hitting F11 help Longers ?

Hairy Jock said:
Just get Firefox it is soooooooo much better, and safer...
Yeah, I tried that, after 2 1/2hrs of surfing my usual site I'd collected just under 20 tracking cookies but using the same sites on IE7, none !

Strange !! Wonder where they all came from

Top Bottom