PC fettling and repairs thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Has anyone else pretty much given up fettling? (They're probably not on this thread if they have!) These days, I only dick about on 'puters/tech when needs must, maintenance mode if you like.

I'm so out of touch now as to be virtually a luddite.

Has anyone else pretty much given up fettling?
There is always something to tweek or change surely?

Has anyone else pretty much given up fettling? (They're probably not on this thread if they have!) These days, I only dick about on 'puters/tech when needs must, maintenance mode if you like.

I'm so out of touch now as to be virtually a luddite.
In terms of juggling settings to keep a rig running at optimum? No, haven't done that for a long time. But messing about with this and that, rebuilding laptops etc, there's still lots to do!

yello

There is always something to tweek or change surely?

Oh sure. As I said, maintenance mode fettling. I no longer play like I used to though, or mess with stuff just to try out 'what if' scenarios. I used to be occupying hours just messing around, stuffing things up and rebuilding/restoring! It was what I did, how I learnt - digging myself out of holes etc. I'd read something, have thoughts about where I could use that/do that and give it a go. These days, nope. I'm happy to let things be and tweek when I have to.

Built another decent Asus S200E from more eBay cast-offs:

20230102_201249.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

A question for the experts, new Android tablet running Android 12, upgraded from Android 11, behind the No Root Firewall, I've had something called System (uninstalled) requesting internet access, I've denied access for now, has anybody here come across this? I couldn't find it on the tablet and an internet search revealed one reference to it three years ago, but no information on it, I'm leaving it blocked for now.

A question for the experts, new Android tablet running Android 12, upgraded from Android 11, behind the No Root Firewall, I've had something called System (uninstalled) requesting internet access, I've denied access for now, has anybody here come across this? I couldn't find it on the tablet and an internet search revealed one reference to it three years ago, but no information on it, I'm leaving it blocked for now.
No clue, but think you've done the right thing.

Android, grrrrr. Just updated phone after putting off for 3 mths ... battery getting hammered, easily lasts a whole day before, not now .... couple of hours down at 20% and falling fast .... 19% as i type here's the chart:
Screenshot_20230107_173958_Device care.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

Android, grrrrr. Just updated phone after putting off for 3 mths ... battery getting hammered, easily lasts a whole day before, not now .... couple of hours down at 20% and falling fast .... 19% as i type here's the chart:
View attachment 673681

Have you just moved to Android 12? My trusty Nokia updated it self to 12 and it started using more battery, it wasn't as drastic as yours but definetly more than it used to.

Top Bottom