PC fettling and repairs thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Won't "date accessed" do what you want ?

nah...

date accessed.jpg

I've not watched A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night yet... no idea why the accessed date is boxing day; possibly the last time i looked in that folder?
The dates for Zombieland and What We Do means nothing either... not watched them or looked in those folders for a couple of years.

Thanks though :smile:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
nah...

View attachment 674453

I've not watched A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night yet... no idea why the accessed date is boxing day; possibly the last time i looked in that folder?
The dates for Zombieland and What We Do means nothing either... not watched them or looked in those folders for a couple of years.

Thanks though :smile:

Maybe a virus scanner program accessing the file/directory ?

I am almost tempted to have another go at upgrading to Win 11. It was dog slow when I tried it last year with only 4GB.

I'm not sure if it is worth the bother though.

I would, marginally snappier than 10, maybe not so on older rigs, depends what you have got? If more than 5 years old would stick with 10.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I would, marginally snappier than 10, maybe not so on older rigs, depends what you have got? If more than 5 years old would stick with 10.

Dell Inspirion 3881 somewhere round a year old. I have just ordered an SSD as another upgrade.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't upgrade the memory on my laptop - it has 8 GB soldered directly onto the motherboard.

I am currently on Windows 10 but I suppose I will eventually have to upgrade it to Windows 11 unless I buy a new machine. I don't have any plans to at the moment because this one is pretty good apart from having a dodgy left speaker.

I think a bigger and faster SSD would be a worthwhile investment though. The current SSD is only 256 GB and is about 2/3 full. It probably isn't as fast as it could be either...

I can't upgrade the memory on my laptop - it has 8 GB soldered directly onto the motherboard.

I am currently on Windows 10 but I suppose I will eventually have to upgrade it to Windows 11 unless I buy a new machine. I don't have any plans to at the moment because this one is pretty good apart from having a dodgy left speaker.

I think a bigger and faster SSD would be a worthwhile investment though. The current SSD is only 256 GB and is about 2/3 full. It probably isn't as fast as it could be either...

8GB of RAM will deal with Win 11 and 40 odd quid for a 1TB ssd now.

Top Bottom