PC Games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have to admit I dont have much time for them...but i do own Call of Duty and let off some 'steam' on it every so often.

Does anybody here have any good games...or are we all 'out there ' in the real world.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Fish Tycoon
I spent nearly a hole computer lesson on it at school. I couldnt get on here, so i went on that.

Melvil

When I was younger the SNES occupied a fair few hours of my life - Mario Kart and Streetfight figured prominently! Now I just really can't be bothered but if I'm round a mates and they're playing something I'll generally pick up a pad and go for it.

urbanrider

Ohhh yes was very big into PC games, with a friend we ran a clan for call of duty and hired a server so we could run it 24/7. Clan was called " Fallen Angels" had some laughs with that, its only been about 9 months since it all came to an end it just took so much time. and before the HD went was playing on the xbox for a while, do miss some of it every now and then and maybe one day i'll have a look again

bonj2

Melvil said:
When I was younger the SNES occupied a fair few hours of my life - Mario Kart and Streetfight figured prominently! Now I just really can't be bothered but if I'm round a mates and they're playing something I'll generally pick up a pad and go for it.

yep, i'm exactly the same! was always quite good at mariokart and sf 2 but could never beat my brothers at it...:ohmy:

domtyler

Über Member
I can recommend the Medal of Honour series on the PC for a totally immersive WWII experience. You need a decent PC with a fairly good 3D card for this though. Or Civilisation IV for strategy type game.

Melvil

bonj said:
yep, i'm exactly the same! was always quite good at mariokart and sf 2 but could never beat my brothers at it...:ohmy:

Without blowing my trumpet too much (oh go on then, actually blowing it quite a lot) I kicked ass at Sf2 - it was one of the handful of games that I was good at. I used to bet my friends and, well, anyone that I'd beat them with, say, Dhalsim or Balrog and they had their choice of characters (including Sagat, M.Bison etc) and I'd rake in the cash - actually used the money to buy more games for the SNES...:biggrin:

So, after years out of the saddle, I stupidly accepted a mates invitation to play counterstrike and get thrashed repeatedly by german and dutch 12 year olds who insulted me (or at least that's what I assumed they were doing) for being so remedial at CS...so i gave up playing that very quickly!

PrettyboyTim

I've just played Portal by Valve (the makers of Half-Life), and I can quite honestly say it's the best game I've played all year. Refreshingly original, intelligently written and very funny, I can't recommend it highly enough. It is very short (you can play through the story sections in 3-4 hours), but I didn't find that detracted from it.

Company of Heroes is also an exceptional game, and I notice that they've brought out a sequel / upgrade.

Currently I'm playing Half-Life 2 Episode 2.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I stupidly accepted a mates invitation to play counterstrike and get thrashed repeatedly by german and dutch 12 year olds who insulted me

On eof those was my nephew...he is German and he and his freinds live eat and breath that game..they operate on some kind of team basis and via audio hook up and they spend days on it laughing at newcomers. It's pretty sad, 'cos if you ask them what they are they seem to think that they are 'gamers' which is apparently some kind of new occupation.

Melvil

Bigtallfatbloke said:
On eof those was my nephew...he is German and he and his freinds live eat and breath that game..they operate on some kind of team basis and via audio hook up and they spend days on it laughing at newcomers. It's pretty sad, 'cos if you ask them what they are they seem to think that they are 'gamers' which is apparently some kind of new occupation.

I thought Gamers was a brand of cider :ohmy:....aye, I heard all this muffled gibberish, which i presumed was an audio linkup...I mean, it's all too serious - they should try paintball, what with the risk of serious injury and humiliation instead of sitting in a dark room, tapping on a computer...erm...I'm being sucked into a hypocritical black hole of my own making!

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Chigley said:
I did all 17 levels of manic miner on the spectrum

Which three levels did you miss?

Two of us (both adults) were stuck on the level with the flapping toilets. After weeks of trying, I completed it and ran to my mate's house on a wet Saturday night to tell him how to do it!

Now, I only have one games CD - Hoyles Card Games and normally just play crib. Have thought about getting Pro Cycling Manager - anyone got it?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Can't wait till UT2007 comes out soon. Bioshock is outstanding, unfortunately it doesn't run very well on Ge-force 8s :ohmy:. I hope future games use the same engine. New GTA coming out next year, exciting times for PC games.

KitsuneAndy

marinyork said:
Can't wait till UT2007 comes out soon. Bioshock is outstanding, unfortunately it doesn't run very well on Ge-force 8s :ohmy:. I hope future games use the same engine. New GTA coming out next year, exciting times for PC games.

Is Bioshock running a new UT Engine? Or is it the same engine they used for Gears of War/Rainbow 6 Vegas/GRAW2?

I've given up on gaming on the pc, can't afford to keep up with the required technology. Just sticking with the 360 from now on :biggrin:

Top Bottom