Pc problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I opened my pc to dust its insides,you know,get the build up off the cooling fan and general insides,and when i went to start up,it turned on,but didnt fire up,nothing at all going to the screen,and at the same time,a very quiet beep beep beep was heard intermittentally,so a few goes later,i turned it off then on in quick succession,and low and behold it came on,any one know why it didnt fire up for a while?A very worrying hour,i must say:smile:

It's ok - just caught a bit of a col'...that's all

Canrider

Guru
Those beeps often mean a problem with the computer's memory. IIRC the exact number of beeps has some diagnostic meaning..

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Cheers all,it seems ok now,but knowing what it may have been ,would maybe make it easier to sort next time,hopefully there wont be a next time though.

Brock

Motherboard will beep if CPU or RAM or something isn't connected properly, if you have a manual for the motherboard it should tell you what the beeps meant. Might be worth going in again and making sure all the boards and ram etc are pushed firmly into their slots.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Brock said:
Motherboard will beep if CPU or RAM or something isn't connected properly, if you have a manual for the motherboard it should tell you what the beeps meant. Might be worth going in again and making sure all the boards and ram etc are pushed firmly into their slots.

I did this,and it didnt seem to help at first,but after a couple of goes at pushing everything home,and everything near where i dusted,still no joy,just a chance off on quickly seemed to sort it.I do have the manual,ill see if i can find out what the beeps meant,cheers.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Funny things PC's.... mine freezes and won't boot each time microsoft releases the monthly updates...... have to unplug the SATA drives and re-plug in - then works fine......odd.......... happened 3 times now ? :biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Iv had this one a few years now,never had a problem,until i dusted,thought i d done something pretty bad,i wont do that again.
I dont know what sata drives are?:biggrin:

cannondale boy

Über Member
My girlfriends pc didn't start up properly a while back. All i seen was an error message in black and white, so i suggested taking it to a computer repair shop to see what the problem would be. The guy in the shop ran a full diagnostic on the pc, everything was working ok...the guy phoned me up an hour later and said it was just dust that was malfunctioning the pc. At least i didn't have to pay £20 for someone to hoover my pc :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have to hoover mine out every few months - it's got 7 blooming fans in the thing - gets very dusty on the processor cooler.

SATA drives replaced the older ATA - quicker and use new small drive connectors, but the connectors do look flimsy.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
I have to hoover mine out every few months - it's got 7 blooming fans in the thing - gets very dusty on the processor cooler.

SATA drives replaced the older ATA - quicker and use new small drive connectors, but the connectors do look flimsy.

ATA?:sad:

Top Bottom