pedal excersizer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
as seen here .... unable to use my knee at the moment, I have been thinking of buying one of these, plonking it on a table and spinning away with the arms.

Good idea? Would they fall apart with rigourous use? Will there be enough resistance?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why not take up rowing?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Not much resistance on offer, and if there was a way to tighten it to the point where it was reasonably hard, you'd just pull/push the unit over.

I'm not sure I understand the OP, tbh. Are you going to pedal it with your hands? For what purpose? Won't gripping the pedals hurt your hands?

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
I want to maintain CV fitness, but I am unable to use my legs for a few more months yet - rowing isn't much of an option, though I have tried stiff leg rowing on the ergo machines - it is a good workout but I find it really hard to keep the back straight over 20 or so minutes, and I don't really want to risk a back injury.

Arallsopp, the plan was to pedal it with my hands yes. I found these whilst looking at handbike machines, and these looked like possible alternatives - unfortunately they are made for pensioners who sit on the sofa too much by the looks of things

Fiona N

Veteran
Possibly a silly question, but what about swimming using a float between the legs so you don't have to kick your legs (this is how I tend to swim anyway as open water swimmers don't do much kicking compared to pool swimmers)?

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Cheers for the suggestions. I go swimming 3-4 times a week at the moment, for 30-40 mins a time, which is ok, but still not enough to get me anywhere near the fitness I was

Top Bottom