Pedal for Scotland 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

butephoto

Hi from another new member. I did this run on Sunday for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. I too found the clapping at the end a surprise but it made me smile.

I think if I did it next year I would set off earlier too. Some points were too busy with up to around 5 bikes spread across the road. Great fun, though.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome butephoto, great another new member ;)

If we sign up on your whisky forum do we get free samples?? ;)

butephoto

Thanks for the welcome!

Ha! I wish I got free samples. There was a guy doing the run on Sunday with an Ardbeg cycle top on and I asked him if he had any in his bag. Sadly he didn't (or I would've stuck to him like glue).

andi

Thanks for the welcome!
Unfortunately I was only there on holidays, so it might take me a while to join another scottish ride. :angry:

Did you arrive and then attach the pole & flag to your 'bent near the start area just beside where we were all standing around in our shirts?
Not sure, but I went past a small group of cyclechatters looking for a fellow at the top of a climb.

Niblox

HJ said:
Ariadne, BIGSESAL, Niblox, JiMBR, viniga, pickup1980, Coco & ferret fur: how about joining us on a CC social ride sometime, you would be very welcome :angry:

Sounds great, get in contact with me on baldgit58@hotmail.com

Niblox

just jim said:
Well, this is an opinion from my wife, an art teacher:

The design of the medal you recieve at the end could do more to reflect this feeling of achievement. It just seems like an ad for Freshnlo. You could have a school competition to design the medal and ribbon - it doesn't seem in keeping with the event.

As for those cup-a-soups...:angry:

Another gripe - it didn't have the YEAR on it! Last year's one did!

Niblox

Crash at the first stop in the park...

a guy with no. 3322 crashed in front of me and I stopped to help him, along with one or two others. We got him to the first aid station and he continued on his way. Is he one of the ones who have just posted here?

DaveH

Photos are up !!!

Sorry for it taking slighty longer than expected, but at approx 0300 this morning they were uploaded with the bib no info attached, to make searching a bit easier. (well alot easier as 22,000 photos have been uploaded :smile:)

www.mybibnumber.com

Read the info about searching, as there are keywords to help you find yourself if you didn't have you race number on, or it was obscured etc...

Goo Mason, cheers for the info about the flyer in the goody bag, I would've known if I'd checked with Martyn ! And thanks HJ for the email mentioning the social rides, however, I don't cycle much, although I do have a bike gathering dust in the shed that I got, on one of those cycle to work schemes, which seemed a good idea at the time ! I've been concentrating on running recently, and I'll be pounding the roads around Dumfries a week on Sunday trying to beat my HM PB. (which shouldn't be to hard as I've only done one before and I was a bit rubbish!)

Again please shout up if you've got any questions or comments.

Cheers

Dave

DaveH

Names to Faces ???

Why not post your bib number and then people can click on the link and see who you are ? (if you're happy with your photo that is :smile:)

BIB NUMBER

Enter the number into the lower of the 2 boxes, as name search isn't enabled.

Cheers

Dave

Top Bottom