Pedal for Scotland 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

der alt

Glad you guys had such good weather this year .I had intended doing this but a late finish at work on Saturday and not getting out of bed till 1pm was a bit of a pisser .then to have a bike nicked put the tin lid on it still there's always next year ,have to agree with the consensus that the cycle paths aren't up to the job the amount of peeps i saw on sunday was staggering what it was like a viccy park doesnae bear thinkin aboot ..

viniga

Guru
This is me

I'm the bald guy (aerodynamic reasons) in the red top.

Hey DaveH, how does the two for one offer advertised on the PfS website work? Does it only apply to certain items?

ACS

Legendary Member
der alt said:
Glad you guys had such good weather this year .I had intended doing this but a late finish at work on Saturday and not getting out of bed till 1pm was a bit of a pisser .then to have a bike nicked put the tin lid on it still there's always next year ,have to agree with the consensus that the cycle paths aren't up to the job the amount of peeps i saw on sunday was staggering what it was like a viccy park doesnae bear thinkin aboot ..

Could this be read as a long night on the lash, could not get my head off the pillow and I left the bike down the pub but which one? ;)

See you for the the next one.....

der alt

satans budgie said:
Could this be read as a long night on the lash, could not get my head off the pillow and I left the bike down the pub but which one? :thumbsup:

See you for the the next one.....

LOL how very dare you LOL nah i'd finished a shift which ended up being 18 hours thanks to a stoopid manager ;) didn't get home till 3 am so by the time you guys were on the road i was deep in the arms of morpheus (Theakstons Old Peculiar:blush:) the bike was nicked at Sainsburys Blackhall sunday afternoon though i've ended up with the better end of that deal :biggrin:

Mr Pig

MePFS.jpg

That's a grimace by the way ;0)

DaveH

viniga said:
This is me.

I'm the bald guy (aerodynamic reasons) in the red top.

Hey DaveH, how does the two for one offer advertised on the PfS website work? Does it only apply to certain items?

2 for 1 on photo prints only, details.

As Gavin said your linky ain't working.

Cheers

Dave

viniga

Guru
DaveH said:
2 for 1 on photo prints only, details.

As Gavin said your linky ain't working.

Cheers

Dave

I think I fixed it,

Doh! missed this on your home page, thanks for the details.

Mr Pig

I'd grimace as well if I was cycling in shorts like those!

Naa, they're fine. Since chopping the front off my saddle I just don't need Lycra shorts. I prefer them loose. Same with the top, I have a few cycling tops but I prefer a cotton T-shirt. Don't know why, I just do.

Coco said:
That knee looks fine, you malingerer!

Yeah, it looks fine! It's the left one by the way. I was really close to chucking it on Sunday and getting Val to pick me up where I fell. The heavy cycle traffic actually helped I think because it limited your speed, so you weren't putting pressure on yourself to go faster.

It's a lot better already, might even make it out with the guys at the weekend. Still don't know what I did to it! I was fitting new gear cable on Saturday morning so maybe I knelt on it badly, don't remember doing anything but it must've been something like that.

Geraldom

I'm 614.

assume most of you got survey email today ? From questions its
appears relatively obvious that they've either heard the concerns
regarding the Embra end of the ride or they were aware it might be issue.

Hopefully they'll take responses on board for next year

G

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Geraldom said:
I'm 614.

assume most of you got survey email today ? From questions its
appears relatively obvious that they've either heard the concerns
regarding the Embra end of the ride or they were aware it might be issue.

Hopefully they'll take responses on board for next year

G

I doubt it - there were similar questions last year, and nothing came of it. A number of people on CC also emailed the organisers expressing concerns about the overcrowding on paths etc last year too - and never even got the courtesy of a response. I get the feeling that the surveys are just a 'ticking the box' exercise and the responses pretty much ignored.

Top Bottom