Pedal for Scotland 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleekitcollie

Hi honest man . Yeah if u fancy a wee run out anytime that be great . . I work nights though so usually out in the morning for cpl hours few days a week . And try to do longer run at weekend normally Sunday as I finish working week sat morning but do go out sat's but tent to be bit tired . What routes do u do normally

ACS

Legendary Member
I may be looking at the 100 miler, however this is dependant on being able to get from Edn to Glw at a reasonable time in the morning. I think this will mean making my own way across because the transport arrangments for last years event from Edn to Glw left a great deal to be desired.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Coco said:
I think I'll do it again this year. Its the only way to meet the East Coasters :thumbsup:

Yous welcome to come across and join a ride any time, yer might even get yer tea... :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HJ said:
Yous welcome to come across and join a ride any time, yer might even get yer tea... :smile:

+1
... and if you Westies organise another ride at your end when there isn't a train strike or rugby match on, some of us would happily "go west" (for a wee while anyway) ;)

T

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Yeah, I'm up for it again. I was seriously considering the 100 mile run, but tbh I enjoy PfS for the social aspect of meeting up with everyone and having a laugh & a bit of fun. I suspect the 100 mile route wouldn't be quite like that.

So, who're we looking at for joining the CC Posse this year? I hope mega-athlete Maggers will lower himself to doing such a piffling ride, as the day's always made by his Glesga' Banter :sad::biggrin::biggrin:

goo_mason said:
Yeah, I'm up for it again. I was seriously considering the 100 mile run, but tbh I enjoy PfS for the social aspect of meeting up with everyone and having a laugh & a bit of fun. I suspect the 100 mile route wouldn't be quite like that.

So, who're we looking at for joining the CC Posse this year? I hope mega-athlete Maggers will lower himself to doing such a piffling ride, as the day's always made by his Glesga' Banter :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LOL! :smile: Mega athlete indeed. I was at a workshop in Stirling on Monday and Tuesday and as it started at 12pm on the Monday I decided to cycle there. (Along Loch Carron was amazing. I stopped at one point to look at the glass Loch and all I could hear was birds and water. Amazing!) I took a route over Crow Road. Uuughhh! I need to do more hills! I'll admit I stopped at the car park.:smile: In mitigation I did have a rucksack on my back with shoes, suit, two shirts, trousers, undies, socks, shaver, shower gel, toothpaste etc. Good training I suppose! :biggrin:

If I do PfS it would be the shorter run. No way I have time to train for the 100 at the moment and as you say Goo, it is more about the social aspect. I'll need to see how childcare issues are shaping up before I commit though.....

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
If I do PfS it would be the shorter run. No way I have time to train for the 100 at the moment and as you say Goo, it is more about the social aspect. I'll need to see how childcare issues are shaping up before I commit though.....

Well, you've got 'til September to get the childcare arranged for it, so that's OK :smile:

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

HJ said:

I'll dig out my thermals and come across the next time you have one :biggrin:

Edit: Sorry I meant to say, I quite fancy going over the FRB at some point so an Eastern CC Ecosse ride north of Embra would be quite nice.

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

Telemark said:
+1
... and if you Westies organise another ride at your end when there isn't a train strike or rugby match on, some of us would happily "go west" (for a wee while anyway) :smile:

T

So that's where the offer of tea came from :biggrin:

I'll try to organise another one before lambing season is over (don't ask)

Top Bottom