Pedal for Scotland 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
I guess if I rode in this next year I would be one of the newbie numpties, but it did look fun, everyone was smiling (or clenching their teeth). How do you suggest i get into this? I have a hybrid bike but it looks awfully heavy compared to some of the more pro guys that went whizzing along and 've not cycled more than about 5 miles in years!

Andy

The type and age bike is not important (as along as it is safe and roadworthy), it's the person who is riding that matters. I think *our* advice is get on the hybrid, get some miles in.

After a time you will find your niche within the sport.

See you on a CC Ecosse ride some time soon.

Warning: cycling is highly addictive.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I think that all this just proves that taking 9000 cyclists down a shared use cyclepath that is still open to the public is not a very bright idea!

Although I did enjoy the day (it being my first cycling event), I'm not sure I'll be doing it again. Apart from the slightly crazy route at the end, the number of people on the route who didn't know how to cycling on the roads or even look over their right shoulder before veering out was a bit mind boggling.

Already set my sights on the Etape Caledonia NEXT CC Ecosse Forum Ride ;) tho :rolleyes:
Now that's better :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Schoosh, also consid...... OWWW my bowels!!

Oh dear, what a shame! :laugh:

I'm STILL having problems here, and if it goes on for another day, even with the medication, then my folks will be taking me to the hospital (it started last Wednesday see, hence why I'm in such a morose mood here!

JimG

I spent 4 hours taking photos just outside Kirkliston (I was the guy jumping out of the bushes at the top of the hill past the railway bridge). Managed to photograph about a third of all the participants (basically if you got to Kirkliston by 1:40 I probably photographed you) but my arms were hanging off me by the end - a camera is surprisingly heavy to hold up for all that time!

Have a look at my website (PhotoForMyWall.com) if you want to see if I took your pic. JimG I can't see your number in the right folder, you might want to try the unreadable bibs gallery.

I guess if I rode in this next year I would be one of the newbie numpties, but it did look fun, everyone was smiling (or clenching their teeth). How do you suggest i get into this? I have a hybrid bike but it looks awfully heavy compared to some of the more pro guys that went whizzing along and 've not cycled more than about 5 miles in years!

Andy

I spent a wee bit longer at the feedstop at Kirkliston than I should have. Enjoyed a cup of tea and a few snowballs while waiting for my wife. Then of course had same again when she arrived. Was there until after 1:30pm got into Edinburgh after 2. So you may have been away by the time I passed.

Andy noticed your pictures were down. There are a few of me on the official site but I think they are too expensive. Did you "need" to take them off your site ?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Schoosh, also consid...... OWWW my bowels!!

Oh dear, what a shame! :laugh:

I'm STILL having problems here, and if it goes on for another day, even with the medication, then my folks will be taking me to the hospital (it started last Wednesday see, hence why I'm in such a morose mood here!

Get yourself to the doc's, MDB!
& get well soon ...

T

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Finishing line picture

Attachments

• Pedal for Scotland 2010.jpg
    Pedal for Scotland 2010.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 78

HonestMan1910

Über Member
:ohmy: What happened to your knee!!!!!!!!!!!!
(not a victim of Magnatom cone-clipping this year I believe ...)

T

P.S. Nice bike! I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing in "in person" yet ...

Clipless moment at Coatbridge caused by a bit of bad driving by the car in front of me at a mini roundabout.

Cheers for the bike comments, hope we are doing an autumn run soon

Here is an on the road picture

Attachments

• On the road.jpg
    On the road.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom