Pedal for Scotland 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killiekosmos

Veteran
Entry number 4612 (I didn't know it was seeded :biggrin:)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I can't remember offhand what my number is, seeing as it's down the stairs right now, but it is 47 something something. Also, I don't know what bike I will be riding yet, due to various reasons.

All that I DO know, is that I'll be wearing a Cyccle Chat top!

Not much use but I will update when I need too.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
619, on a black Tricross. Starting as late as possible!
Why 'as late as possible' ?

In most of these events, it is better to start earlier than later, so you gain the benefit of more of the 'buzz', the general excitement and the food/water at the stops ;). There may be a few more folk around but it soon thins out (as much as PfS ever does :rolleyes:) and, if there are quicker people coming through, it is easier to get a tow from them.

Even if you are nervous, worried about riding with so many others, fearful of falling off and looking daft - don't worry - so is everyone else :biggrin: !

I'd recommend an early-to-middle start, for the above reasons - and it gets you to the finish in time to join the CC group for a celebratory refreshment of your choice :thumbsup:.

**Are you folk going to meet before/after the ride ?**

** this was how the whole concept of CC Forum Rides started, when [the Mighty ;)] Magnatom arranged a meeting before the start of the PfS many moons ago; they rode loosely together and met up afterwards for a drink. It was such fun that they decided to meet again ... and the CC Forum rides started :bicycle: ! Strange but true. Something else we Scots invented :rofl:.

sleekitcollie

i hope to be either at winchburgh or kirkliston ( food stop )to wave u all on for a few hours , since i cant ride this year due to my stupidity and managing to fall off the other week .
hope its a good day with a decent tail wind

** this was how the whole concept of CC Forum Rides started, when [the Mighty ;)] Magnatom arranged a meeting before the start of the PfS many moons ago; they rode loosely together and met up afterwards for a drink. It was such fun that they decided to meet again ... and the CC Forum rides started :bicycle: ! Strange but true. Something else we Scots invented :rofl:.

Actually, I suppose you are right. We were the first group on here to organise a ride together. I also remember how hard that ride was for me. I'm a lot fitter now! My first recollection of scoosh was cycling on my own (having been dropped) somewhere between Glasgow and Edinburgh and some nutter standing at the side of the road next to his Land Rover shouting 'Cyclechat!!!' as I went by. That gave me the energy to finish the ride! :biggrin:

Them was the days (and this is the thread)

Good luck on Sunday guys, and enjoy!:smile:

killiekosmos

Veteran
I'm hoping to get there early to park car (in Gorbals hopefully) and start around 8am.

I'm hoping that most sensible people will start later so I'll get to the food first and get a quicker bus back.

Weather forecast is cloudy but dry am with 15mph winds from the West! Should get blown East in no time

OP
OP
GlasgowGaryH

GlasgowGaryH

Veteran
Weather forecast is cloudy but dry am with 15mph winds from the West! Should get blown East in no time

I have a sail and spinaker ready

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I am number 4775, I'll be wanting to start as early as possible because I am on the waiting list for a Skyride back in Glasgow at 2pm! :wacko:

I probably will not get a place though, so yes, I'll be up for a few drinks at the end with people!

Now, where, and when??

Oh yes and I have got the Felt back, so I'll be number 4775, wearing a Cycle chat jersey, and riding a black Felt TT bike.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'd recommend an early-to-middle start, for the above reasons - and it gets you to the finish in time to join the CC group for a celebratory refreshment of your choice :thumbsup:.

**Are you folk going to meet before/after the ride ?**

Why not guys and gals??
Anyone know of anywhere that is bike and family friendly, does decent food, and most importantly of all sells a good selection of real ales?? :biggrin: Surely someone from Edinburgh must know, even if it is only a Wertherspoons!

So, come on, give a time and place the Cycle Chat Jersey clad, number 4775, AKA Mad Doug Biker will try to be there!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Only because I am doing it with my brother, who is working until 2am on the Sunday morning. I would have preferred an earlier start myself, but..............:sad:
Ah ! All is revealed :biggrin:.

I do hope there is still plenty of food/drink at the stops when you get there - there'll probably still be some amber (or other coloured) refreshments available in Leith when you arrive .... :cheers:.

Have a good one :bicycle: and Ride Safe everyone.

Top Bottom