Pedal for Scotland 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
The tents were all up at Avonbridge when we went by tonight. We covered a lot of the route today, I still can't fathom out why the organiser chooses to send 6000+ people along the Edinburgh path network. When the ride goes along there be careful of the tree roots which are braking through the surface. Good Luck Folks :-)

Kirkliston was setting up when we through to Tescos at 7 tonight.

Watch out for the lovely new road surface in Winchburgh.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

Are you being ironic? On Thursday it was a big mess, almost knocking my teeth out!
(On the other hand, they may have finished in time for PfS?:thumbsup: )

T

Oh I'd forgotten about that, they've scraped of the old surface awaiting resurfacing, some of those exposed drain covers could be nasty, take care folk.

OT on our ride today through Winchburgh I was concentrating so hard on the road I missed the Niddry Road (Faucheldean) turn off and had to doubleback :blush:

Are you being ironic? On Thursday it was a big mess, almost knocking my teeth out!
(On the other hand, they may have finished in time for PfS?:thumbsup: )

T

Given it was still in a state at 4 ish tonight with no workers in sight I doubt it, which clever road department came up with that planning, '6000+ cyclists are coming next week, I know what we'll do, dig up the road' :wacko:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'll be away early (at least I'll try to be) - it seems we will all be sent off in groups, so no romping away and home for glory!:biggrin: (although, what are they going to do if you catch up with another group?? - It isn't timed or anything, but it's just purely for my own individual pursuit/curiosity).

Also, the dire rear should just about hold now methinks! :blush: (the reputation of CC wont QUITE be getting a bum deal and get flushed out as going down the toilet, leaving the rest of you to wipe up a tissue of lies, after all!! :laugh:).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
NOOOOO!! ITS BACK!!

Might get there by 8 - 8.30 ish.

I have long suspeccted I must have some sort of IBS, but really, this IS taking the P...Pooh!!

Off to the doctors tomorrow methinks!

zizou

Veteran
Cracking day for it today and a very enjoyable ride. Arrived at 7.45 and had to wait for an hour to get started, wish they could organise the line a bit better - once inside the barriers then things moved fast but before that there was too much queue jumping going on and holding things up! Other than that no problems, never had so many scalps before (and im including the kids on bmx in the tally...a scalp is a scalp! :biggrin:)

OP
OP
GlasgowGaryH

GlasgowGaryH

Veteran
Great day weatherwise. I started in about the 4th group to start, at about 8ish. Finished the ride in 3 hours 37 minutes. Good considering I was expecting 4 to 5 hours. Where do they get them buses from that bring you back to Glasgow? Double decker from the stone age I presume. Am sure I could of cycled faster at times.

Never see you again Mad Doug Biker, was looking out for a CC top to pass me, guess you might of been stopping to relieve yourself a few times
laugh.gif

Coco

Yes great day. Really busy at the start, but I probably noticed it more this year since we weren't waiting for the Embra folk.

Given last year's slim pickings at Linlithgow I thought I'd sample all of the feed stations.

Drumpellier just had bananas and cardboard biscuits. Avonbridge had most excellent cakes. Whilst waiting for the toilet I spotted someone clad in a CC jersey climbing through a hedge at the back of the field in order to avoid the queues. MDB!!

Sadly I was on my way out as he was on his way into the feed stop, but I caught up with him again after Linlithgow. L/gow had much more food this time. Pasta salad, sandwiches, soup and chocolate. Another stop at Kirkliston furnished me with some more delicious cakes. MDB took this opportunity to skip past me and I didn't see him until the finish line. Sadly Mrs & Jnr Coco were waiting for me (and had been for some time  :blush:) so I was whisked away Westwards.

Nice to see you MDB, I'll try to organise a West CC ride and I promise to be more sociable.

PS Ms Coco insisted I pose in this spot.

Attachments

• 7424.jpg
    7424.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 156

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just home after my first PFS. Had a great day and couldn't have wished for better weather. Started just after 10.00 and couldn't believe the crowds! Was doing it with my bro who has only ever missed 2 PFS events, and he said he has never seen it so busy. As a result it was a bit hard to make any progress, and the expected "thinning out" once out of the city didn't really materialise!

Thoroughly enjoyed it all the same, especially the welcome at the finish. Clapping and cheering from the crowd was, I suspect, reserved for the guy right behind us on a hand propelled wheelchair/bike. Some of you might have seen him. He was behind us for the last mile or 2 and wasn't hanging about! It was a pleasure to shake your hand Sir, if you are on this forum. That takes a lot of guts and determination.

ACS

Legendary Member
Yes great day. Really busy at the start, but I probably noticed it more this year since we weren't waiting for the Embra folk.

Given last year's slim pickings at Linlithgow I thought I'd sample all of the feed stations.

Drumpellier just had bananas and cardboard biscuits. Avonbridge had most excellent cakes. Whilst waiting for the toilet I spotted someone clad in a CC jersey climbing through a hedge at the back of the field in order to avoid the queues. MDB!!

Sadly I was on my way out as he was on his way into the feed stop, but I caught up with him again after Linlithgow. L/gow had much more food this time. Pasta salad, sandwiches, soup and chocolate. Another stop at Kirkliston furnished me with some more delicious cakes. MDB took this opportunity to skip past me and I didn't see him until the finish line. Sadly Mrs & Jnr Coco were waiting for me (and had been for some time :blush:) so I was whisked away Westwards.

Nice to see you MDB, I'll try to organise a West CC ride and I promise to be more sociable.

PS Ms Coco insisted I pose in this spot.

I am sure she did, well hung and tender, Say NO more,

killiekosmos

Veteran
This was my first P4S and I really enjoyed it. Start was a bit delayed (arrived at 7.50 but got away at 8.45). Got parked just over the river.

From the start the bike traffic was a bit thick for a few miles until we all stretched out. I decided not to stop unless I had to, so just one stop to fill up water bottles and eat my Mars Bar. Finished at 12.05 and was on a bus back by 12.15. Bus got back to Glasgow at 13.45 and bike was retreived in 5 minutes.

Now for the Braveheart Ride

A nice day out.

Top Bottom