Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Yup. I'm doing the long route this year.

Col5632

Guru
I've done the 50 mile route a few times but its the expensive that puts me off doing it again, bus alone is about £15 and thats before you have entered :wacko:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've done the 50 mile route a few times but its the expensive that puts me off doing it again, bus alone is about £15 and thats before you have entered :wacko:
It is pricey, a fun day out but.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Will be my 3rd time on the 47 mile route ^_^ Have a crazy idea to cycle back :wacko:, anything to avoid the bus!

Yep; I think PFS has become a bit of a victim of its' own success. I did it in 2010 and 2011 (the 50 mile one), then missed it last year as I was working. Same this year probably. Although it was well organised, it was still a faff queuing at the start, then getting caught up in some of the bottlenecks on the narrow path sections. Then there was the bus journey back to Glasgow....... :sad:. Quite impressed that my bike did actually turn up on a lorry at the same time as the bus arrived though!

I would do it again if I'm not working and it is a particularly nice day; but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to do it, or get wet and then have to sit in a bus for an hour - then a train for another hour in my case.

Col5632

Guru
Yep; I think PFS has become a bit of a victim of its' own success. I did it in 2010 and 2011 (the 50 mile one), then missed it last year as I was working. Same this year probably. Although it was well organised, it was still a faff queuing at the start, then getting caught up in some of the bottlenecks on the narrow path sections. Then there was the bus journey back to Glasgow....... :sad:. Quite impressed that my bike did actually turn up on a lorry at the same time as the bus arrived though!

I would do it again if I'm not working and it is a particularly nice day; but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to do it, or get wet and then have to sit in a bus for an hour - then a train for another hour in my case.

I'm the opposite, i get the bus to glasgow then cycle back to edinburgh, last time i done i had to wait 1hr to get on the bus, about an hour to glasgow then another hour to start, i think i got up at half 5 for a cycle i didnt start till 10am :ohmy:

Fubar

Guru
PFS was My First Sportive (sounds like something you get your kids for Christmas!), luckily I got dropped off at the start and picked up later. Not doing it this year but for anyone who's first time it is please remember to be careful when you get to Cramond in Edinburgh - lots of pinch-points at the Cramond Brig and onwards through Edinburgh to the finish - you are going through residential areas and along cycle paths with pedestrians, dogs, kids, etc. I saw a couple of bad accidents the year I did it - don't let that put you off, just be extra careful :thumbsup:

Top Bottom