Pedal Power Meter Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FMurray

Regular
Hi all,

I'm looking to get myself some power meter pedals. I have come across a set of second hand Garmin Vector 2 dual sided for sale and have been thinking about putting an offer in.

Just looking for some advice really. Not sure whether it's safe to go second hand? Also, from the outset of my search I have been looking for complete unit pedals rather than those with pods (as the Garmin Vector 2's do). Not really for any reason other than I think the pods look naff. But I think I'm just being fussy. Any advice here? are pod based pedals okay and as reliable, long-lasting as 'full unit' pedals?

Would you recommend getting second hand dual sided Vector 2? or spend a bit more and get something new? If I was buying new I would be going single sided due to budget.

Cheers

If you are going new check out Favero Assimoa. I have the previous single sided BeProS and I am really happy with it and the reviews for the newer are good.

OP
OP
F

FMurray

Regular
Cheers. Have been looking for assioma unos but cant find them for a decent price anywhere - I guess pedal power is in high demand at the moment.

Any more advice from anyone on the garmin vector 2's would be well received!

Top Bottom