Pedal Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sparklygal74

Sparklygal74

Regular
Remember to ask what was wrong but I think it's just the gears needing adjusting.

Get watching some basic bike maintenance videos on YouTube.

It was just the gears that needed adjusting but they also checked the brakes and put some air in the tyres. There are also bike maintainence classes that Evans run, so I will book on one. I do use youtube videos for the manoeuvres for my driving lessons, so once I have done the class, I will use the videos too. Actually doing something helps me more than watching a video to start with anyway.

OP
OP
Sparklygal74

Sparklygal74

Regular
Felt so good to be back out on my bike today, although I had to Cycle through town at lunchtime and in a busy congested area but it's good road practice. I used to be nervous cycling in traffic but since I re-started my driving lessons, I feel more confident negotiating roads, although I could do without the hassle and stress of dealing with van and taxi drivers!:hyper::wahhey:

MissyR

Glad you got it sorted! Where in Scotland are you? There are a few Belles on Bikes groups that you may like out that way. They offer hassle free rides using the cycle networth and quieter roads. Great company and usually cake! On another note places like Stirling cycle Hub and Recyk-a-bike do free maintenance classes. Worth a wee drive to get t use their stands, tools and experienced mechanics ;)

Top Bottom