Pedals 'designed to match'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinr

I'm assuming it's just for the logo conscious but when pedals have descriptions like "designed to match the 105 10-speed groupset", does it mean anything beyond having nicely matching parts?

Thinking of storming through April's cycling budget to move to SPD-SL :cold:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Not many people are going to see them with your feet on them, but perhaps I'm missing the point...

My SPD-SLs are Ultegra, but 2nd hand & so scuffed you'd never know, tbh.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Ribble (I think) actually have Womens Specific pedals..... They come in Lavender and pink.

The reaction from my better half - who has spent the last few days looking for womens fitted clothing that isn't pink is probably best not posted on a family board.

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

Pink wouldn't match the bike at all...

I figured it would just be a posing thing but wouldn't put it beyond manufacturers threading cranks/pedals differently to force you into parts.

Not many people are going to see them with your feet on them, but perhaps I'm missing the point...
Surely the point is the 50g difference that will shave milliseconds off my leisure rides :cold:

zacklaws

Guru
Does not really matter I think, I have 105's on my Sora because they match my black bike, and Ultegra on my 105/ultegra groupset but only because I got them at an excellent price and there on my most expensive bike.

But it may do for the fashion orientated.

I've got 105 SPD-SL's on my Campag Super Record bike. I quite like the Shimano system, but cant justify the expense of Dura-Ace to save 0 grams. Like everyone has said.....noone knows if they match, noone cares....thank god.

M

redjedi

Über Member
Tollers said:
I've got 105 SPD-SL's on my Campag Super Record bike. I quite like the Shimano system, but cant justify the expense of Dura-Ace to save 0 grams. Like everyone has said.....noone knows if they match, noone cares....thank god.

M

:biggrin:

Shimano pedals on Campag. That's not allowed !!

It's a good thing you've already left the country or I would be chasing you out ;):biggrin:

I couldn't do that myself so went for Looks on my Campag.

Top Bottom