pedals for new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdcadillac

Hello all

I am almost decided to buy a new bike (Emonda ALR5 or Giant defy advanced 2)

what type of pedals are good for training ( I am new to biking) and this bike will be my first bike. I used to do spinning with my normal shoes on. but now with new road bike I think it will be better to have the right shoes and pedals.

any feedback is much appreciated.
if you want to give me advice between Emonda and Giant above as well that is great.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have a read here
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/clipless-pedals-faq.74358/

if you wish to go clipless, you have two choices. It’ll come down to how much walking off the bike you may do

Gunk

Guru
The problem with clipless pedals is that if you are not a sports cyclist and you just want to go for a short bimble, do you really want to wear cycling shoes on every journey? I mainly use platform pedals, so I can ride in trainers, but swap them over for SPD’s if I’m going out for a “proper” longer ride, it takes seconds to swap them over.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

The problem with clipless pedals is that if you are not a sports cyclist and you just want to go for a short bimble, do you really want to wear cycling shoes on every journey? I mainly use platform pedals, so I can ride in trainers, but swap them over for SPD’s if I’m going out for a “proper” longer ride, it takes seconds to swap them over.
I will use the bike mainly in trainer as well in the winter. I think my best soltuion as newbie is to buy he platform pedals. thank you for your feedback

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have pedals that are SPD one side and platform the other. Just yesterday I rode to the farm shop in trainers but usually use SPD if riding ‘seriously’.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I have pedals that are SPD one side and platform the other. Just yesterday I rode to the farm shop in trainers but usually use SPD if riding ‘seriously’.
Out of interest, which pedals do you use? I’m considering the same option.

Gunk

Guru

I’ve just swapped over to reversible platform/SPD for the same reasons

vickster

Legendary Member
could you please send me the link to this pedal please
Looks like a Wellgo SPD

Top Bottom