Pedestrian put-downs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Cycling on the pavement between some traffic lights tonight, for like about 5 metres, a woman with a small child apologised for getting in my way, then spoke out loud after me... 'you shouldn't be on the pavement anyway'.

I used to suffer this sort of thing in silence, but this time I had a stroke of inspiration and shouted 'Have you paid your TV licence then?'.

I could tell by the 2 seconds of silence and the confused, stifled abuse she shouted after me that she *hadn't* actually paid her TV licence and I had the moral upper ground.

Statistically I was lucky, but does anyone know of any similar crimes an average pedestrian can be accused of?

Danny

Legendary Member
The lady with the child was right, you shouldn't have been on the pavement.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Ok, I'm sorry.

To tell the truth, I might not have actually been riding the bike that much. I might have been straddling it with a lot of foot - pavement contact

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Gawd... I'm not even sure if I was even being propelled by the upward motion of the bike. I might even have been walking it. It's all very vague now.

Ok. If I had injured one or the other whilst walking the bike, and they remonstrated, what sort of crimes could I have accused *them* of?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

If I had been standing still, without a bicycle, in the middle of the traffic light complex, and my knee was jutting out, and they accidentally walked into it, and had a go at me; what sort of crimes could I accuse them of to make them feel bad?

God, this is tough. Thought we were all friends here

yenrod

I had a happening one sat. a week orso back...

Some I know from visits to bike shop came along side me whilst I was riding up a hill in their car and said 'can't you go any faster your only doing 20mph...' we laughed and he acceleratored..no worries.

Actually called him a cheeky %^£$%&^$& etc... :biggrin:

Then further down the road, well after seeing the person I knew, some jerk; a couple of lads as they went past the front seat passenger scared me quite alot (shouted out the window and they turned my way into small side roads the way I was going..the lad who done it was a real fat lad !

I could of tried to get even but I thought whats the use with such wastes of space ! One day he'll get his return...

Abitrary said:
Cycling on the pavement between some traffic lights tonight, for like about 5 metres, a woman with a small child apologised for getting in my way, then spoke out loud after me... 'you shouldn't be on the pavement anyway'.

I used to suffer this sort of thing in silence, but this time I had a stroke of inspiration and shouted 'Have you paid your TV licence then?'.

I could tell by the 2 seconds of silence and the confused, stifled abuse she shouted after me that she *hadn't* actually paid her TV licence and I had the moral upper ground.

Statistically I was lucky, but does anyone know of any similar crimes an average pedestrian can be accused of?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
If I had been standing still, without a bicycle, in the middle of the traffic light complex, and my knee was jutting out, and they accidentally walked into it, and had a go at me; what sort of crimes could I accuse them of to make them feel bad?

God, this is tough. Thought we were all friends here
You'll get know sympathy from me, jutting your knee out in the middle of a traffic light complex you dangerous loon. People like you should be locked up. :biggrin::biggrin:!:biggrin:

cyclebum

yenrod said:
I
Then further down the road, well after seeing the person I knew, some jerk; a couple of lads as they went past the front seat passenger scared me quite alot (shouted out the window and they turned my way into small side roads the way I was going..the lad who done it was a real fat lad !

I have had similar on a couple of occasions, 1st was a van that passed and the passenger sprayed me with water saying 'that'll cool you down', the other again a van, the passenger actually opened his door as they passed me then roared with laughter at my startled response.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Smokin Joe said:
You'll get know sympathy from me, jutting your knee out in the middle of a traffic light complex you dangerous loon. People like you should be locked up. :biggrin::biggrin:!:biggrin:

**** you. I was actually on my bike.

We need dutch law in this country that dictates that bike riders come first...

Then pedestrians...

Then motor vehicles

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ChrisW said:
Oh dear Arbitrary...pavement cycling:angry: and wait until Bent Mikey sees this, then you're in trouble!

LOL, I don't actually see anything wrong with pavement cycling. Sure, it's illegal, so I rarely do it, but why is it taken so seriously here in the UK? My feeling would be that it's because people who do ride regularly on the pavement often exhibit no care or concern towards others, and that doesn't seem to be the case in the Netherlands, for example.

Top Bottom