People keeping dead pets in the freezer....or stuffed...would you ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
On radio 2 as I type.
Apparently Chris Packham's dog has died and he is keeping it in the freezer. To be fair that's only until he can find a crem' that he is happy with.
One woman has kept all her dead budgies in the freezer. She has so many that she can't keep any food in it. Her plan is that when she dies she will have all the budgies cremated with her.
One guy kept his Husky in the freezer for 30 years.
One lady says she has her dear pet pig in the freezer as it's nice to know its still with them and is happy. She says she cant bring herself to cremate it as it would mean saying goodbye to it again.
To me it is beyond belief.......but we are all different.

Drago

Legendary Member
Chrith Packham makes Ken Livingstone look normal.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My cousin brought his dead budgie to my dad's funeral ... My sister asked what it was on the back seat of his car and almost wet herself laughing when he told her. It had died just before he left to join us so he brought it along to bury it in the memorial garden at the crematorium! :laugh:

MikeG

Guru
We're talking pets here are we? Not .....erm..........mother in laws?:whistle::whistle: Not that I'd do that. Oh no. No sirree. I mean, I've only got a small freezer, and no, there is absolutely not a second one out there in one of those outbuildings under a pile of stuff............No, no. Whatever gave you that idea? I mean, it wouldn't be practical to keep her in there until the next concrete delivery, would it, because.........well..........reasons. I'll just be outside if you need me, measuring the patio again.

classic33

Leg End Member
A neighbour had two industrial freezers full of dead dogs.

New owners found them when they went to knock the shed down, two years after he'd moved out.

classic33

Leg End Member
We're talking pets here are we? Not .....erm..........mother in laws?:whistle::whistle: Not that I'd do that. Oh no. No sirree. I mean, I've only got a small freezer, and no, there is absolutely not a second one out there in one of those outbuildings under a pile of stuff............No, no. Whatever gave you that idea? I mean, it wouldn't be practical to keep her in there until the next concrete delivery, would it, because.........well..........reasons. I'll just be outside if you need me, measuring the patio again.
They found the body of someone who'd gone missing 15 years earlier in a freezer in a shop storeroom. Owner of eight years was trying to make more room when he came across it.

First the freezer, still switched on, then it's only contents.

Noru

I know couple of people who have frozen their pets while trying to find a decent crem as places are usually set up for deceased farm animals not necessarily loved pets where you would like the ashes back. But I don't know anyone whose chosen to keep their pet indefinitely frozen cryogenic style or had it stuffed!

Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
I'm sure they could ask a local vet - when we had to have our dog put to sleep last year the vet organised for her to be sent to the crem and the ashes returned to us. All very sad but you have to go through it. Her ashes are now scattered around her favorite walk ... which must be happier for her than sitting next to the frozen chips.

redvision95

Proffesional Biskit Eater Upper
Would I freeze my dog? No.

When our dogs have passed or had to be put to sleep, We have always buried them in the back garden. We have no plans to move so there are no worries of leaving them behind, like some have mentioned to me in the past. I know my dog would be happiest in the back garden, Its the place he loves most.

If its just until you find a crem that you like, i see nothing wrong or strange about it. However if its to keem them for life, its a bit weird, but thats the persons choice..

peggy-guggenheim-s-grave.jpg

Top Bottom