People keeping dead pets in the freezer....or stuffed...would you ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The people that we should worry about are the ones who keep their live pets in the freezer!

I was in Longyearbyen recently and they don't do burials.

Bodies become perfectly preserved in the permafrost so sins about 1950 there have been no burials.

If you are sick or die, you are shipped back to the mainland for your last resting place

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have 2 stuffed Red Squirrels in a display case in the loft..over 100 years old..I don't like them but there a hand down..so I'll hand them down to the grand kids..

As for freezing a pet..no.
70 quid to have our little terrier cremated after the needle..I thought about burial in the garden but I've dug up loads of pet graves over the years doing garden work..so I decided to cremate.

I have 2 stuffed Red Squirrels in a display case in the loft..over 100 years old..I don't like them but there a hand down..so I'll hand them down to the grand kids..
I hope they are dressed, or otherwise whimsically mimicking humans.

View attachment 346205

Last edited:

TrishE

Über Member
I lost my yorkie pip after Christmas, got his ashes back at the vets £130 inc pts he's still with me and Bonnie on the boat wish he was still here in body though.

Drago

Legendary Member
When you have a pet cremated, make sure you pay for an individual cremation, else they just get chucked in the oven with a load of others and you get a mix of ashes back.

My squirrels are set in a habitat setting but they look wrong..poor taxidermy
worse than these?

a171e4c1-9776-4588-a780-5975f64a993c-1356x2040.jpe

Mrs M

Guru
Three of our departed cats are buried in the garden, couldn't put another in as ground too frozen to do any digging, so had to leave her at the vet :sad:
I've kept their collars and have a wee plant for each of them as a memory.

Top Bottom