People on bikes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was waiting at lights holding my bike waiting to cross (on foot) when this cyclist breezed past at about 10-15mph on the pavement.

There was a woman standing back slightly from the lights and if she had stepped forward without looking there would have been a collision. Also there are houses with blind exits along that pavement (especially so for small children). Plenty of scope for an accident. Oh and she had no lights. Cyclists (or more accurately People on Bikes) like this give us a bad name. Don't do it!!;):smile:!

Next weeks lecture will be on......xx(

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
magnatom said:
Next weeks lecture will be on......xx(

Tattie scone making ?? ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tynan said:
looks like 10 rather than 15 and he looked in miles of space from what I could see

Ah but then, you thought it was a he when in fact it was a she, so I'm not placing too much faith in your observational skills.....;)

As she approached me she did slow down. I'm pretty sure it was close to 15mph. I've seen people along there nearly taken out by cyclists before. Trust me it can happen.

Of course there is the argument that people like this are providing ammunition for motorists to use against cyclists. I won't start that argument though...xx(

Oh and there is the lack of lights as well....at least she had a helmet on....:smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Elmer Fudd said:
Tattie scone making ?? ;)

Not a big fan myself. However, I could talk about the benefits of drinking Irn Bru out of a glass bottle. It's just mile better than drinking it out of the can, so it is!xx(

km991148

magnatom said:
Ooooh, you've just messed up there! Ken is east coast not West Coast. xx(
hmm, last time I checked ayrshire and dumfries both occupy a significant part of the west coast and 'ken' is used as frequently there as it is on the east.. ;)

cannondale boy

Über Member
Tynan said:
looks like 10 rather than 15 and he looked in miles of space from what I could see

More like 9.9mph ;)

bonj2

what did you say, "excuse me you're only allowed to (something) cycle on the pavement" ?

Whether she was in the wrong or not, i don't think it's your job to police her.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

km991148 said:
hmm, last time I checked ayrshire and dumfries both occupy a significant part of the west coast and 'ken' is used as frequently there as it is on the east.. xx(

Ayrshire and Dumfries? Are they in the north of engerlund?;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

dubman said:
do you ever stop moaning , take a cill pill man ;)

What's a cill pill? Did you mean kill pill :smile:;)?

Dubman, I'm not moaning, just trying to make a difference. I post what I see I don't go looking for it. I point these things out because I'm sick of mentioning to people that I cycle and then getting 'oh I bet you RLJ, pavement cycle' etc.....

I am campaigning against bad driving. To be taken seriously I need to campaign against bad cycling. Would I not be hypocritical if I asked drivers to give more room and yet I condoned bad cycling?

Anyway, my moaning has made a difference hasn't it. How many campaigns have you had published in the papers recently......xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
what did you say, "excuse me you're only allowed to (something) cycle on the pavement" ?

It's a free country, and Magnatom can say what he likes to who he likes, within bounds of taste and decency.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:

You are correct I don't get payed. But as a cyclist I get all of the crap from drivers because of cyclists like this. Therefore, I feel justified making comments. Who knows maybe I embarrassed her enough that she will think twice next time. Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway it's not as if the police do anything. I've never seen a cyclist pulled up for a misdemeanor in Glasgow.

I'm also don't have a job in road safety, however, that doesn't stop me campaigning for road safety does it? Too many people sit back waiting for someone else to do it. I'm not that type of person. I see a problem I want to be part of the solution. Just me I suppose....

Top Bottom