People on bikes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems to work perfectly ok in Japan.Even I managed.;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Terminator said:
It seems to work perfectly ok in Japan.Even I managed.;)

As I've said before, I would be interested to see bike/pedestrian collision stats from Japan. I had a few close calls in my time there (just 2 weeks for conference and holiday).

Of course people seemed more polite in Japan, the pavements (in town) were wider and better maintained, and the grid system of streets (where I was) had less blind corners etc.

Of course culturally we are very different countries. We will never be Japan!

dubman

Guru
spindrift said:
Magna's trying to help make things safer dubman you twat.

i can see that twat :blush: he made a good reply i just notcied a few posts he always seemed to be moaning now i know why.

snorri

Legendary Member
A friend of mine returned from the other end of the country (Southampton) with a reckless cyclist story. :blush:
I asked if he wanted me to tell him a reckless car driver story....end of conversation.:smile:

bonj2

magnatom said:
You are correct I don't get payed. But as a cyclist I get all of the crap from drivers because of cyclists like this. Therefore, I feel justified making comments. Who knows maybe I embarrassed her enough that she will think twice next time. Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway it's not as if the police do anything. I've never seen a cyclist pulled up for a misdemeanor in Glasgow.

I'm also don't have a job in road safety, however, that doesn't stop me campaigning for road safety does it? Too many people sit back waiting for someone else to do it. I'm not that type of person. I see a problem I want to be part of the solution. Just me I suppose....
hmm..., i can see your point. Perfectly honourable motives.
Still don't agree with it, but can understand your viewpoint.

(what was the "(something)" i quoted in my post above?, you're not allowed to what cycle on the pavement?)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
hmm..., i can see your point. Perfectly honourable motives.
Still don't agree with it, but can understand your viewpoint.

(what was the "(something)" i quoted in my post above?, you're not allowed to what cycle on the pavement?)

I'd be shocked if you agreed with me bonj :blush:

I say 'do you know your not supposed to cycle on the pavement'. Must be my really thick Glaswegian accent :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

HLaB said:
"Pavements are for 5 year olds" was a better line :blush:

Indeed. I still have that video lurking somewhere, though not public at the moment. It was just a little bit too controversial!!:smile:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I think we need to come up with a list of alternative put-downs for pavement cyclists:

(1) Only big jessies (TM) cycle on the pavement
(2) Pavements are for 5yr olds
(3) Where are your stabilisers ? (possibly combined with (2) above)
(4) Not man enough for the roads ?

Anyone care to add others ? It'd be fun if Magnatom could eventually post up videos of himself shouting each line at a different pavement cyclist.... :blush:

Top Bottom