Perennial question about lightweight all day waterproofs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Hive opinion please what of the available crop of lightweight all day waterproofs will actually keep you dry all day?
Will be used quite a bit on and off road.
I prefer a hooded jacket but small pack size takes precedence over that.

Many thanks

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
depends on budget ?
you can pay £300 for all singing all dancing gore

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
RE budget - prepared to pay over £100 if it will do the job well and do it well for a good few years. Obvs I would prefer to pay less ^_^
The Paclite "is breathable enough to wear for entire 60-90-minute rides without becoming uncomfortable. I did find it ends up a bit wet inside when you do" which is what I have with my current ones - actually they will do closer to 90/120 mins.

13 rider

Guru
i dont have expensive jackets , i got bloomin soaked in yesterdays storm .
Riding home from work top half dry . Bottom half soaked ,shoes still drying out .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Riding home from work top half dry . Bottom half soaked ,shoes still drying out .

i was going in about 2 pm , head to foot drenched and a puncture too in repton , dried the kit out in the mini paint plant we have for suspension coating where its always warm whilst working then came home after 1 am

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
i dont have expensive jackets , i got bloomin soaked in yesterdays storm .

My top was largely dry but over warm & bottom half & shoes saturated. Water ingress at cuffs and other apertures in the top but not sure I would want it too tight around the neck.

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
I am ShakeDry curious, but at that price it would have to last 5+years.
How long have folks had theirs, & did they stay waterproof?

vickster

Legendary Member

13 rider

Guru
I've had mine since late 2019 bought after drenching in wet Wales . I tend not to use it that much for commuting as the instructions say no backpacks something to bear in mine . But it's still as good as the day I bought it

Top Bottom