Perhaps 1 less BMW driver hates cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No wallet but a black Corsa approached a T junction I was passing and I had to do a double take as there was a full baby's bottle on the roof. I was that startled, I just kept going trying to work out if I was seeing things. ^_^

Good job returning the wallet. đź‘Ť
I would have been more startled if baby was still attached to the bottle, so where did that fall off ?

Tenkaykev

Guru
I was in a team that was running the Wessex Ridgeway Relay. I'd finished my leg and saw the next runner off. Bit of a natter then in the car to the next rendezvous point.
When we got there I realised that I couldn't find my phone. Got one of the lads to ring my number and we could hear the phone ringing, dug around in the footwell, boot etc, nothing.
Then noticed it sitting on the roof of the car, held on by the roof seam and the magnetic closure on the phone case. It had stayed in place along miles of windy country lanes.

nickg

Ăśber Member
I done a 20 mile trip once with a camera on the roof. It went down the dual carriageway at 80mph aswell. Pulled up at my parents jumped out the car, then said to the mrs " oh look the camera is on the roof and it's made it all this way. I thought it was funny, the mrs didn't.

ExpatTyke

Yorkshireman in Deepest Somerset
I had an Avocet computer, one of the first models, that I was very proud of - I took it off the bike after every ride to check average speed, distance.

I rode a mid week club 10 one evening, took the Avocet off the bike, then put the bike away in the car (a Mini estate) and drove home. Sadly while the bike was safely in the car, the computer was no longer on the roof where I'd left it when I got home.

I recall that the Avocet cost me more to buy than the Mini which made it even more painful.

I had an Avocet computer, one of the first models, that I was very proud of - I took it off the bike after every ride to check average speed, distance.

I rode a mid week club 10 one evening, took the Avocet off the bike, then put the bike away in the car (a Mini estate) and drove home. Sadly while the bike was safely in the car, the computer was no longer on the roof where I'd left it when I got home.

I recall that the Avocet cost me more to buy than the Mini which made it even more painful.
Ah i loved my avocet computer ! The height of technology back in the day.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
A month ago I came across a perfectly wrapped Birthday present and card in the middle of the road which clearly hadn't been there long . Stood there for a few minutes hoping someone would return . Took it home and on sister suggestion rang Stone hill farm which is near were I found it and do kids parties . A few home calls later and the kid mum is at my door with a very happy 6 year old with a slice of birthday cake for me . They had also put it on the roof while putting the children in the car then drove off

Cake from a child's birthday party? That's a BIG win!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
This one time i was doing a little scoot around the city. I was tailing an elderly couple in a really beautiful looking white'ish classic Mercedes SL a fair distance between lights (google tells me it was a 1964 or 66' model) and the passenger side door wasnt quite closed properly.

At the next set of lights i leaned over ever so slightly and said "excuse me madam, but i've been following you a fair distance and noticed that your door wasnt quite properly shut. It would be a real shame if something were to happen to such a beautiful car..."

And she was so grateful to me for noticing it. Not only thanking me but giving me a big smile and wave when we eventually parted ways at a junction further on down the road.

Though, To be fair, I cared more about the car itself than the occupants but at least she appreciated me pointing out the door issue :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom