Personal challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Training ride for this challenge and 20 miles out at Broadway....stopping regularly though as some of the hills are bigger than i remembered :blush:

Attachments

• 20130902_101604.jpg
    20130902_101604.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 17

S1mon

How did you get on ?
sorry no internet over weekend
yes i did 69 miles i averaged 15.6mph so i was very happy so just the illusive 100 next and hill training to complete me lol

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Back home now with 42 miles behind me so quite pleased seeing as I've only really started riding regularly again 3-4 weeks ago.
Some scary moments on the A46 near Evesham with some commercial vehicles getting very close..one which I reported to the company as it was liveried....come to think of it, all the 'moments' I had today were with commercials. Just an impatient bunch who can't wait for a safe gap to open to get past :sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Back home now with 42 miles behind me so quite pleased seeing as I've only really started riding regularly again 3-4 weeks ago.
Some scary moments on the A46 near Evesham with some commercial vehicles getting very close..one which I reported to the company as it was liveried....come to think of it, all the 'moments' I had today were with commercials. Just an impatient bunch who can't wait for a safe gap to open to get past :sad:
good man, well done.

Well done :bravo:. Plenty of driving like that on A Roads unfortunately. From a quick scan you could have went by Wincombe, Broadway, Chipping Campden, Long Marsdon to Stratfod upon Avon and enjoyed your ride more, it may actually be shorter too :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I'd have done my century if I'd made it to Stratford and back

The route I took was Cleeve, Gotherington, Prescott Hill, Gretton, Winchcombe, Toddington and Broadway, I will next time miss out Gotherington, and Prescott Hill and instead ride up to Teddington Hands and then to Toddington on the B4066, as it is a proper hill and knocked the stuffing out of me a bit before I got any real miles before me.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Strava packed up when I stopped to take this pic :sad: ....but I still have the pic to prove I got there ;)
I realised I would come up short on the way back so I tootled up to the far side of Cheltenham to hit the target (well past the 40 mile mark). I clocked 42 on the bikes trip computer.

Attachments

• route.JPG
    route.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 19
  • broadway.jpg
    broadway.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15

uclown2002

Guru
Completed my longest ride yday of 76.2 miles and for good measure knocked out another 75 miles today.

Hope to do the 100 miler before the winter.

S1mon

Well I may be pushing it too far but a flattish charity 100 has appeared this weekend and I'm free ..... So I'm going to try the extra 30 to pop my 100 cherry this week not next year

Top Bottom