Personal Challenges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Inspired by Linfords thread.

What's your personal challenge?

Mine is to get at least one 100 hundred mile ride in by the end of this year. A personal challenge because I'm still recovering from getting knocked off last Christmas.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Mine is to finish this bottle of whisky before Monday morning:cheers:

On a serious note, I've done a few century rides now, my personal challenge is to do a 125+ mile ride. But its finding the time to fit it in.

Linford

I'd want to start the ride on the outskirts of Barcelona. I had a week there at the start of July, and the traffic is just mental

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm still recovering from my second pulmonary embolism in less than a year so I'd better be sensible for the rest of 2013, but I'm hoping that I will be able to do a rerun of my popular 'flattish seaside century' forum ride in Spring 2014. I'm currently up to about 25% of that level, so there is a long way to go. There are smaller challenges to tick off on the way, but that is the one that I am currently thinking about.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Mine was to do the Marmotte this year....happy to say I completed that challenge. Next yr I might attempt the Paris-Roubaix Challenge, but my main challenge is to compete in TT's in 2014.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Currently looking for one although I'm not sure I want one. LEL used to be it but that's ticked. Not interested in PBP or other things similar to LEL so have to find something else.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Currently looking for one although I'm not sure I want one. LEL used to be it but that's ticked. Not interested in PBP or other things similar to LEL so have to find something else.
How about some speed challenges, rather than distance? For example - a 5 hour century, or an 8 hour 200, if you haven't already managed those. (Insert times/distances of your own choice.)

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Mine too is a 100 mile ride by the end of the year. I have kind of missed out on the good weather though so will just have to plan it wisely.

I was also hoping to top 50mph on my bike. There are a few hills I could do it on but its a matter of finding the perfect conditions and making sure its safe (which at those speeds it will never be).

This year I am on target for my highest mileage so far. I have just clocked 5,000 miles and in 2012 I did 6,000. Those miles are partly from getting a new bike meaning I could go faster for longer, as well as me commuting for the first ever time. I commute to college (32 miles a day) and work (20 miles a day), I also have been averaging 8 rides per week at 138 miles per week, which works out at 20 miles a day.
I havent set myself a target for the year but I will probably be surprised at the final figure.

400bhp

Guru
Aye, up through there at the end of day 2. 3rd day should be fun... virtually 100 miles of downhill into Tolouse :smile:

We were going to watch a couple of stages of la Vuelta this year, by travelling from Tolouse through Andorra, then heading home via Barcelona.

The first 100 miles would have been interesting (iirc 13000ft of climbing essentially over two mountains :eek:)

Top Bottom