pet peeves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

simonali said:

The Noodley family are in the process of thinking about another dog - "old" Charlie is friends with one of the cats (big buddies) but he needs a young dog as well - an Irish Terrier would do the old bugger good.

simonali

Guru
Noodley said:
The Noodley family are in the process of thinking about another dog - "old" Charlie is friends with one of the cats (big buddies) but he needs a young dog as well - an Irish Terrier would do the old bugger good.

You cannot get a better pooch if you have kids. Only time anyone ever takes offence to ours is when he starts sniffing their giblets and that's their fault for not washing them! xx(

The Kennel Club website has a puppy list, but they are rare nowadays, so ask any breeder to see a draft of the pedigree to make sure there's not too much inbreeding going on in the bloodline. It probably won't be a problem though, as ITs have very few known faults i.e. no hip problems, eye problems, deafness etc, those sort of things.

This is a good book to start off with. Lucy Jackson is the owner of the site I've linked to in other threads and what she doesn't know about the breed isn't worth bothering with!

Another American based site is www.irishterriers.com , which also has lots of info.

HTH

Noodley

simonali said:
You cannot get a better pooch if you have kids. Only time anyone ever takes offence to ours is when he starts sniffing their giblets and that's their fault for not washing them! :biggrin:

The Kennel Club website has a puppy list, but they are rare nowadays, so ask any breeder to see a draft of the pedigree to make sure there's not too much inbreeding going on in the bloodline. It probably won't be a problem though, as ITs have very few known faults i.e. no hip problems, eye problems, deafness etc, those sort of things.

This is a good book to start off with. Lucy Jackson is the owner of the site I've linked to in other threads and what she doesn't know about the breed isn't worth bothering with!

Another American based site is www.irishterriers.com , which also has lots of info.

HTH

Cheers, Mrs Noodleys mum is a "terrier" woman (judged at Crufts this year), and we are country people with kids - we have a pointer (Charlie) who is the biggest friendliest dog, and 2 Siamese cats (one of which is Charlie's big buddie)...he is getting a bit older and we are looking at a lively younger dog to keep him company...Mrs Noodley wants a wire-haired daschie but I reckon I could get her round to an Irish Terrier. Then again she also wants a greyhound and a donkey and another horse and, and, and...;)

simonali

Guru
My neighbour has 2 w/h Dachshunds, Boris and Dora. Boris is a bit aloof when we meet but I think Dora fancies Riley, as she always rolls over in front of him!

Pet Peeves:

When I finally find 5 minutes in the week to nip out and buy something that I've needed to get hold of for sometime (or more likely, that Mrs Toshiba Boy has asked me to get "while I'm out at work"), and hordes of OAPs seemed to have chosen that exact time to aimlessly, and very slowly, walk round in packs of 3 and 4, blocking the pavement/shop aisles etc., "you've got all day/week to do that:angry:;):biggrin:!:biggrin:

...oh, and people who drop litter, especially when there is a bin a few feet awayxx(xx(:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Noodley said:
Then again she also wants a greyhound and a donkey and another horse and, and, and...;)

My silly dream that will never happen is a cottage with a bit of land for growing veg, and maybe a seaview, for inspiring me when I'm writing my novels, and a few chickens and ducks, and a pig or two, and a cow (something suitable for smallholding, like a Kerry) and a dog and a cat and a pony for me to ride and a donkey to keep the pony company. And maybe a goat for amusement and warding off unwanted visitors.

And a baby elephant of course, but even for a dream, that's stretching credibility a bit.:biggrin:

gbb - great pic!

stevenb

If it hasn't been mentioned already......
Today was an example that I had forgottoen about.
Sensored traffic lights at bridges.
You have to wait for a car to come along in your direction for them to change.......so annoying.

Top Bottom