Pet trailers for electric bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drummingboi26

Specifically the Carerra CrossCity Electric bike, I have been looking at dog trailers recently, a lot of them say they are universal fittings but my Crosscity has mud flaps and I’m not sure where I could attach a trailer, are there any trailers out there anyone knows of that would fit this specific bike?

OP
OP
D

Drummingboi26

Can’t edit my post, it’s for a medium sized border Collie 25kg. Budget between 100-500

NickWi

Guru
Unlike the car accessory market bike accessory manufacturers never produce a 'fits a' model list. There are just too many manufacturers, models & variations on a theme for them to contemplate it, so unless someone here has direct experience I doubt you'll ever get a definitive answer. That said, Carrera bicycles are Halfords own brand and if anyone ought to know, they should.

It might take a phone call or two, or three or four, as has been pointed out on numerous occassion, Halfords mechanics, their knowledge and experience varies hugely between stores so you might have to ring around a few to find the right & knowledgeable individual, but it's worth a punt.

kynikos

Veteran
Virtually all the trailers I've seen attach via the rear axle so I'm not sure why you perceive a problem with the mudflap. I have a Burley which works just fine but at that price you need to go 2nd hand. A quick Amazon search shows lots at the price point you're contemplating.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This thread has just made me think.

1. I love to go off on bike rides.
2. My little dog hates being left alone.
3. ... *checks ebay*
My friend...
  1. Loves to go off on bike rides.
  2. Has a little dog who hates being left alone.
  3. ... has already *checked ebay* (or Amazon/wherever)!

:okay:

RichardB

Slightly retro
My friend...
  1. Loves to go off on bike rides.
  2. Has a little dog who hates being left alone.
  3. ... has already *checked ebay* (or Amazon/wherever)!
:okay:
I can just see my little chap in one of those. He jumps in the car no problem, but I can't get him to sit in the wheelbarrow for a ride round the garden, which the cat loves. I can see getting him in one of those would be a challenge, but hilarious at the same time. Oh, I can see some fun in the near future.

rivers

How far can I go?
I can just see my little chap in one of those. He jumps in the car no problem, but I can't get him to sit in the wheelbarrow for a ride round the garden, which the cat loves. I can see getting him in one of those would be a challenge, but hilarious at the same time. Oh, I can see some fun in the near future.
It's important to get him used to the trailer before you head off on a day of adventures. We started by setting it up in our living room with her bed and some toys and treats for a couple of weeks, then put her in it with her "walk" bag, and walked it like a pram to the local park, gave her a walk and then home. Then did it with the bikes and gradually went further from home. Her longest day has been around 50 miles in total.

RichardB

Slightly retro
It's important to get him used to the trailer before you head off on a day of adventures. We started by setting it up in our living room with her bed and some toys and treats for a couple of weeks, then put her in it with her "walk" bag, and walked it like a pram to the local park, gave her a walk and then home. Then did it with the bikes and gradually went further from home. Her longest day has been around 50 miles in total.
This sounds immensely sensible. Thank you for the advice. I'd been threatening him with a proper bicycle sidecar (do they still exist?) but he says it's cool as long as he gets to wear doggles.

Top Bottom