Peter Sagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We all know the Peter Sagan of today. Hugely exciting to watch and hugely talented. Most of us will know him from his recent few years in the pro tour. There is much more though and i would be interested in peoples thoughts on the young talent, todays Sagan and the possible legend he will become?
Sagan was junior mountain bike champion in 2008 and recently moved to road racing in 2010, officially for Cannondale. Quick step had tried him out the year before and dropped him. Maybe not the best decision ever.
Aged 9 he joined Cyklistický spolok Žilina, a local club, and rode both road and mountain bikes. He was known for wearing tennis shoes on his bike and baggy t shirts.
Even now i think of Sagan as almost the anti road cyclist. The mountain biker at heart who wants to play on the biggest stage there is. He reminds me a little of the sometimes funny comedy film Happy Gilmore. He brings something entirely fresh to pro cycling. Will Sagan become a legend amongst legends in the years to come?
I for one am a big fan and thought i would post this video below for your viewing pleasure.

Enjoy.

BJH

Über Member
Certainly has the potential to become a legend and comes with a lot of personality.

I wonder about Milan San Remo after he dismissed his chances based on the hills - I could see him pulling that one off

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cav asked whether he agrees with Cancellara that Sagan's victory celebrations are 'disrespectful'

"Couldn’t give a shoot,” Cavendish grinned. “He can do what he wants. He’s won a bike race, you know, it’s an emotional time. And he’s clearly a once in a generation bike rider, so he can do what he wants. He’s still young.”

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Cav asked whether he agrees with Cancellara that Sagan's victory celebrations are 'disrespectful'

"Couldn’t give a s***,” Cavendish grinned. “He can do what he wants. He’s won a bike race, you know, it’s an emotional time. And he’s clearly a once in a generation bike rider, so he can do what he wants. He’s still young.”
Cav is another one who is great for cycling. He just doesn't give two sh*ts about opinions and is proper down to earth. How exciting would sprint finishes be without those two?

Looking forward to MSR tomorrow. Weather looks terrible so is a good excuse to veg out and watch the whole thing. Could even consider a beer or two. :biggrin:

Hip Priest

Veteran
He is a phenomenal talent.

I find his antics a bit naff though. Wackiness masquerading as personality. As Cav says though, he can do what he wants.

Peteaud

Veteran
Come on be fair, how cool is this

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onamrs8jx2I

yello

Robbie McEwen was prone to the odd wheelie too....

_40406831_mcewen.jpg

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
There is no doubting Sagan is good, but I think he comes across as a little arrogant, His celebrations at times most certainly present an exaggerated sense of his own importance and ability.
Some of the ways in which he comes across in interviews reminds me a little of Armstrong (in attitude, self belief, and arrogance... not for one moment suggesting any other similarity before I get accused of anything)

Top Bottom