Petrol Crisis MkII?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Horace Goes Skiing

Horace Goes Skiing

"Mr Swinney said there were significant reserves available but he urged people not to go out and panic buy."

Swinney = politician = liar

PANIC BUY!

*fills bath, sink and washing machine with petrol*

Tetedelacourse

I'm off out RIGHT NOW to get some diesel!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Horace Goes Skiing said:
"Mr Swinney said there were significant reserves available but he urged people not to go out and panic buy."

Swinney = politician = liar

PANIC BUY!

*fills bath, sink and washing machine with petrol*

You jest, but weren't there stories last time (the tanker drivers strike) of people hoarding petrol in buckets in sheds...:becool:

Still, it'll be great fun, might start going out doing laps of the city to laugh at people queueing at garages...:smile:

U

User482

Arch said:
You jest, but weren't there stories last time (the tanker drivers strike) of people hoarding petrol in buckets in sheds...:becool:

Still, it'll be great fun, might start going out doing laps of the city to laugh at people queueing at garages...:smile:

Genius! I'll charge up the air-zound so they know I'm pointing and laughing.

walker

I'm surprised no one knew this was coming sooner. What with the rash closures of petrol stations that have been happening over the last 2-3 years and the hike in prices. It begs to think who is the fool in all this? the mass companies or the consumer? get off your fat lazy arse and walk or cycle.

And why has it taken nearly 100 years for cars to be fueled by something other than oil? Why? because the governments don't want to lose out on people spending money on highly taxed petrolium and spending it on non taxable water

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
tdr1nka said:
Still if this does turn into a fully fledged fuel crisis, I'll wager the Police will start dipping diesel tanks.:smile:

As long as you don't use more than 2000 litres a year of the veg oil then its totally legal.

It's not something I have done so far but now I am seriously considering doing so.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Arch said:
You jest, but weren't there stories last time (the tanker drivers strike) of people hoarding petrol in buckets in sheds...:wacko:

Still, it'll be great fun, might start going out doing laps of the city to laugh at people queueing at garages...:wacko:

But what if we run-out of chain-lube xx(

Noodley

Rhythm Thief said:
How do they police that then?

Given that you'd be using vegetable oil in abundance, I would imagine it would be policed by the British version of this lot :wacko:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hAidnO64NE4

Trillian

it is possible to run a car on veg oil, you need to thin it out with petrol

you can get the forms to fill in to pay fuel duty on the veg oil, it still works out a lot cheaper than buying diesel
however my friend's car has now died from doing so.

Top Bottom