Petrol Crisis MkII?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'm quite looking forward to watching the ensuing chaos, in my schadenfreudlicher way.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The very act of saying "Don't panic" and putting it on the news (repeatedly, throughout the day), added to Joe/Joan Average's complete lack of anything interesting to talk about means that panic will undoubtedly ensue!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well I put £30 into my car today - it was empty - that should last me a month or two...... only filled it to get the free toy Ferrari car - the kids have one each now.

buddha

Veteran
I have over twenty 3-litre bottles of used veg oil in the shed. Collected over a couple of years, as I can't pour it down the sink, and the council won't take it.

If things get bad maybe I can sell them to my neighbor to run their Chelsea tractor :blush:

LLB

For all the bluff and blustering by the media, Oil tankers have started to arrive at Aberdeen to make up the shortfall from Grangemouth. The UK market is far too important to the oil producers to ignore, so where there is a will there is a way. The other thing is that because of the enormous amount of revenue going into the coffers from fuel duty (70p in the pound), there is no way the government will allow any interruption of its supply (hence the new legislation after the last protests) . The sad thing is that because Government is now so top heavy with spending, it it totally tied to getting this revenue and that means no realistic alternative fron other transport means as public transport is controlled by the private sector and run to make a profit.

Top Bottom