Petrol Crisis MkII?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1962

It also made the scottish broadsheets, but most people seem to have missed it:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/uk/Four-days39-fuel-left-as.3999598.jp

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/new...to_fuel_supplies_after_refinery_shut_down.php

I filled my car up earlier today, so I have enough to last me about two months :becool:

Will

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Just had to ring Mrs. tdr1nka who is up in Durham with the van to let her know. She'd spotted a hike in the price of diesel yesterday so we're
going to buy veg oil in bulk tomorrow.

tdr1nka said:
Just had to ring Mrs. tdr1nka who is up in Durham with the van to let her know. She'd spotted a hike in the price of diesel yesterday so we're
going to buy veg oil in bulk tomorrow.

Make sure that you keep a spare fuel filter and relevant tools handy, and that you know how to change it. SVO can drag a lot of gunk with it and clog your filter.

You probably know this already, right?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Twenty Inch said:
Make sure that you keep a spare fuel filter and relevant tools handy, and that you know how to change it. SVO can drag a lot of gunk with it and clog your filter.

You probably know this already, right?

Thank you, yes we're all prepped and we also try to keep the mix 50/50 alternating and never run the tank less than 1/4 full. :becool::thumbsup:

Still if this does turn into a fully fledged fuel crisis, I'll wager the Police will start dipping diesel tanks.:thumbsdown:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Deisel be hard days ahead..

snorri

Legendary Member
I had to zigzag through the cars in the petrol queue on my way to the recycling bin at my local supermarket this afternoon.
I suppose they are filling up their tanks in order to avoid panic buying which is what the BBC said might happen.:biggrin:
Hey! Just a minute have I got that right?

I used to work at the Grangemouth refinery and I know guys that are still there. When BP sold the whole complex (except Kinneil) to Ineos employees where given assurances that pensions etc would be OK however this doesn't seem to be the case so that is what the planned industrial action is about. I assume there will still be a skeleton staff on duty for health and safety reasons for the duration of the strike as with a refinery its not just a flick of a switch to turn off. However I can foresee pretty quick government intervention as Grangemouth being shutdown will pretty soon have a knock-on effect on North Sea production, and the last thing any oil company wants to do is shut down a platform as it costs big bucks in lost production and hassle in restarting production. Therefore the oil companies will put pressure on the government who in turn will put pressure on Ineos to get things sorted ASAP.

As for panic buying - haven't seen any round here. However the car has 3/4 of a tank and I'm cycling to work and back for the next 3 days

Top Bottom