Pets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm afraid decent taxidermy might be quite expensive. It's not a simple process and a decent taxidermist takes great pride in making their work look natural.

Mr Pig, your remark about the intelligence of animals is a bit wide of the mark. The average horse has about the same IQ as a three year old human child. If you regard that as 'vastly lower', I hope you don't deal with children at all...

Tetedelacourse

Is that an average 3 yr old horse? Can they talk? Or write?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
Is that an average 3 yr old horse? Can they talk? Or write?

An average grown up horse, and three year old human. Horses can't talk, no, because only humans have the larynx arrangement that allows it. And hooves make it tricky to hold a pen. But in terms of general level of intelligence, that are about the same. Hence a horse has enough wit to know it's own will sometimes and be an awkward sod, but not enough wit to be immune to irrational fears. Once you've dealt with a horse, the similarity to a toddler makes sense...

Stan

Arch said:
I'm afraid decent taxidermy might be quite expensive. It's not a simple process and a decent taxidermist takes great pride in making their work look natural.

Just like this one did.........

Arch

Married to Night Train
Stan said:
Just like this one did.........

;)

That clip must be fairly old though. Or that person wasn't a member of the Guild. Yes, they have a Guild, I know, because I went to their conference a couple of years back, and all the work there was really top stuff.... The trouble they took over getting feather to lie right, or posture correct, was amazing.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Picked up cat Friday and the good news is it wasn't £645..........it was £698:laugh: It didn't look right, back to the vet Saturday morning, he had cat flue.:tongue:

The insurers said it was a "related" illness, probably brought on by the stress of the operation, which was related to the first operation so.....you can guess the rest:laugh:

Picked him up tonight after paying another £315, money doesn't matter anymore:laugh::sad::laugh::sad::laugh:

:sad:

Mr Phoebus

MarkF said:
Picked up cat Friday and the good news is it wasn't £645..........it was £698:laugh: It didn't look right, back to the vet Saturday morning, he had cat flue.:sad:

The insurers said it was a "related" illness, probably brought on by the stress of the operation, which was related to the first operation so.....you can guess the rest:laugh:

Picked him up tonight after paying another £315, money doesn't matter anymore:laugh::sad::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:ohmy:

Is your veterinary surgeon Corgi registered then?

Ouch, you have to have really deep pockets sometimes when you've got pets.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Anyone want a FREE bird?

Freebird.jpg

Not insuring a pet is fine if you have the disposable mullah to deal with anything that happens, and without grumbling about it.

If insurance doesn't appeal a savings plan to cover future bills is another option, but you know all this already.

Our dogs insured, and like any insurance policy it's like placing a bet, and after 2 cruciate ligament ops we certainly feel like winners with our lad.

Top Bottom