Peugeot Savoie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Latest arrival is this very original Peugeot Savoie touring bike.

Reynolds 531 main tubing , nice chromed front forks etc etc. Looks just like some fresh grease,cables,tyres and a tweak on the wheels to true them up and it will be good to go .

WP_20151222_005.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just found the magic white sticker
Under the dust , so its a Px531

WP_20151222_007.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
a 15 minute session in the garage this morning swapping wheels over as i need to get the original set trued up and maybe re spoked , and i can confirm rear hub is a helomatic one and both hubs are date stamped early 87 so that all fits in , with what the original owner said re age .

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Lovely bike! looks just like a bigger version of my old vinesse! (mine had the PH501 with carbolite 103 fork) dated to 1985. believed to be an original french manufactured as it had the old french badge on the seat tube by the bottom bracket with the name of a small bike shop I assume as it's untraceable.
cattleapprovedtag_zpsdf4f6f07.jpg

it changed a bit in my ownership with new tyres a comfortable seat compared to the old moleskin saddle. New bar tape as the red I found was a bit garish for me. added pannier rack and Crudz road race2 mud guards! very nice bikes and lovely to ride. do still miss mine and shame I sold it really!

Top Bottom