Peugeot Savoie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Tasty bike and very nice flooring.
Cheers, I'm always careful to colour match saddle, bar tape and wood flooring

So took it for decent 30 mile today:

Very impressed, very smooth ride on 28mm tyres, very stable even at high speed downhill, I'm guessing the slightly longer wheelbase of a tourer helps with that, and the gear change is excellent given then dérailleurs are 29 years old. There was a bit of operator error in rembering which way to move the lever and changing multiple instead one cog at a time. I've put koolstop dual compound blocks on it and stopping power was pretty good even though it was a bit damp. Plus much easier to clean at the end of the tan the mudguard less Bianchi.

Overall I'm mighty impressed. A big thank you to @biggs682 for finding it and the first stages of fettling.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@T4tomo you are welcome always happy to help anyone find a bike they want, so don't be scared to ask

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Took her for a fair weather spin today, a run in the sun to Emily's tea rooms, felt it was a bit unfair only taking her out in the rain and the Bianchi getting all the good weather riding! Have to say Biggs it is a mighty fine ride and the shifting is superb, I don't really understand why triples have gone out of fashion. It's a smooth as you like on good tarma and it over coped well when my experimental detour didn't turn out quite as expected and tarmac turned into bridle path and then baked mud path through fields and woods. Glad of the 28mm tyres - MTBers were surprised to see me off roading on drop bars,

Top Bottom