peurile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I live near the River Hit. The name sign is cut to exactly fit the name on, for some reason.

peterdowning

Veteran
Kirstie said:
Blimey peter, I just noticed where you live! You are about 4 miles from me...are you in Broughton Astley CTC?

Hi Kirstie,

Where are you? Remembered you mentioned the 'Pig in Muck' before so I thought you must be not too far from here. Didn't even know Broughton had a CTC :smile:. How bad is that? I just tend to ride alone in my attempt to stay fit.

peterdowning said:
Hi Kirstie,

Where are you? Remembered you mentioned the 'Pig in Muck' before so I thought you must be not too far from here. Didn't even know Broughton had a CTC :smile:. How bad is that? I just tend to ride alone in my attempt to stay fit.

Claybrooke Parva.
Someone I know rides in the broughton astley ctc - bloke called dave who also climbs and does yoga etc - he's about 65. They meet every Sunday at 9.30 at the village hall I think...?

peterdowning

Veteran
Kirstie said:
Claybrooke Parva.
Someone I know rides in the broughton astley ctc - bloke called dave who also climbs and does yoga etc - he's about 65. They meet every Sunday at 9.30 at the village hall I think...?

Hi Kirstie,

Small world.

I ride regularly through Claybrooke Parva as I do my 'measured' ride from BA via Frolesworth looping to Monks Kirby and back. Not getting any faster though :smile:

Been out a lot recently that way into north Warwickshire as the wind's been from the SW and it means it's on my back on the way home :biggrin:

I did a search of t'internet for South Leics CTC. They do some good rides. I should really get involved but I would find it hard to be out all day on a Sunday with family to consider. I play cricket in the summer which takes all day Saturday so to disappear for the rest of the weekend isn't on.

I'm normally out a first light on Saturday or Sunday to do a 30- 40 mile thrash, getting back in time for fatherly duties (and cricket!)

Summer's approaching. If you ever fancy heading out for an hour or so one evening, let me know! Or if you are up early on a weekend same applies.

TheDoctor said:
Are you thinking of http://places.jump-around.com/closest/ by any chance? This shows Minges a mere 13.5 miles away from me:tongue: and Bummers Hill 10.2 miles away, presumably in a similar direction. Tyttenhanger sounds like it's German for womens underwear:becool:. As for Shaftenhoe End - pffffft!:blush: I don't think I'll go to Herberts Hole, though;).

I'm obviously not far from you as Minges is 11.2 miles, Bummers Hill is 13.1 miles and Tyttenhanger is 6.4 miles and Mincing Lane is only 20.3 miles away. Our MD lives 1500 yds from Bummers Hill.

abchandler

Well I get
Lickey End, Feckenham, Bell End, Pestilence Lane, Grimpits Lane, Piddle Brook, Dogpool Lane, Wyre Piddle, Hardon Road, Druggers End

The end really is nigh!!

peterdowning said:
Hi Kirstie,

Small world.

I ride regularly through Claybrooke Parva as I do my 'measured' ride from BA via Frolesworth looping to Monks Kirby and back. Not getting any faster though :sad:

Been out a lot recently that way into north Warwickshire as the wind's been from the SW and it means it's on my back on the way home :smile:

I did a search of t'internet for South Leics CTC. They do some good rides. I should really get involved but I would find it hard to be out all day on a Sunday with family to consider. I play cricket in the summer which takes all day Saturday so to disappear for the rest of the weekend isn't on.

I'm normally out a first light on Saturday or Sunday to do a 30- 40 mile thrash, getting back in time for fatherly duties (and cricket!)

Summer's approaching. If you ever fancy heading out for an hour or so one evening, let me know! Or if you are up early on a weekend same applies.

These all are very familiar places. I tend to head out east to Hallaton (great caf) and back again. Normally this means struggling back into a headwind but it's really quiet over that way and you can avoid traffic. I definitely don't go out early in the morning at weekends, but a weeknight when the nights are longer would be fun. I know some good routes out through Gilmorton/Kilworth around 30-40 miles which are doable in an evening.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
John Ponting said:
I'm obviously not far from you as Minges is 11.2 miles, Bummers Hill is 13.1 miles and Tyttenhanger is 6.4 miles and Mincing Lane is only 20.3 miles away. Our MD lives 1500 yds from Bummers Hill.

I'll accept that challenge!:sad:
I'll have to wait till I get home, but an OS map and compasses should let me find Ponting Towers. Or the postcode area, anyway. I'll see how accurately my results place me as well, as a reality check. I'll edit in a moment to add in my distances from TyttenHanger 12.8 miles and Mincing Lane - oh, not mentioned..

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kirstie - I've just remember Shitbottle... small village up from Newcastle called Shilbottle - as with Duntish, locals seem to take great delight in altering the roadsigns and there seems to be a permanent battle on between the 'l' and the 't'. Having been there, I think the 't' is more accurate...

Flying_Monkey said:
Kirstie - I've just remember Shitbottle... small village up from Newcastle called Shilbottle - as with Duntish, locals seem to take great delight in altering the roadsigns and there seems to be a permanent battle on between the 'l' and the 't'. Having been there, I think the 't' is more accurate...

Oh yes I remember laughing at that whilst blasting up the A1 to scotland last summer :sad:

U

User482

Kirstie, I know that you grew up near Ramsbottom (known locally as tupp's ar5e) so I'm surprised at you!

Top Bottom