Phone charger query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearPear

Veteran
We have in the BP family 2 HTC Desire HD phones and 1 HTC Wildfire, all of which are new. I have purchased this online:

http://www.play.com/...19511461&r=MBLS

Other sites offer universal chargers, this seems to be specific to the HD, but the size of the connection will also fit the Wildfire. Do you think that it will do both phones or will it be specific to the HD? I really don't want to risk "killing" the Wildfire which was a gift for my daughter's 17th birthday which isn't until Wednesday!!

It'll be fine. (you can quote me!)
thumbsup.png

Norm

Indeed. It's a Micro-B USB cable (I think! :blush: There are so many micro, mini, A, B, etc ), which is getting more common amongst manufacturers of phones, cameras etc.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Yeah, looks like micro-usb to me (my new HTC phone's the same). Any phone that takes USB will not be fussy about its charger.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
We have in the BP family 2 HTC Desire HD phones and 1 HTC Wildfire, all of which are new. I have purchased this online:

http://www.play.com/...19511461&r=MBLS

Other sites offer universal chargers, this seems to be specific to the HD, but the size of the connection will also fit the Wildfire. Do you think that it will do both phones or will it be specific to the HD? I really don't want to risk "killing" the Wildfire which was a gift for my daughter's 17th birthday which isn't until Wednesday!!

If you look up the specs of both phones they are both micro USB v2.0. Anything that works on one should work on the other.

killiekosmos

Veteran
The good thing about standardising on a USB format is that one charger and cable can charge different devices. Kindles also use micro-USB. IIRC USB has a set power rating so cable can be used to power from a computer USB socket, a car adaptor or a USB mains socket. I've got a few plugs (British and Europen) with a USB socket so I can plug different cables to charge different devices.

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
mr P - that would be good news for my hubby's friend who has (or rather, had) a Blackberry and inadvertently used hubby's charger and blew his phone up at the weekend!! They both run Blackberries for work, different models though. Expensive lesson learned!

Norm

[QUOTE 1397693"]
There's recently been agreement that all mobile manufacturers will note to a standard charging socket.
[/quote]Posting from your phone again, MrP? :biggrin:

Or, for those who have themselves fallen foul of the Predictive Text Fairy:

Sorting from your phone again, MrP? :laugh:

Top Bottom