Photo sharing website ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm sick to death of Photobucket, today i'm struggling like heck to log in then it chucks me out almost straight away. Ive had it years, usually its ok but does throw a frustrating wobbly every now and then.

Whatcha using ? I'm not a heavy user, mostly use it for inserting photos in threads (which isn't very often anyway)

TIA.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You don't need to link to photos on external sites - just upload them directly from your computer/tablet/phone using the 'Upload a file' button next to 'Post Reply', like THIS ...

Upload.jpg

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have a PB account too and find it increasingly carp. Just bogs down with adverts and junk to the point of being almost unusable.

Cyclechat is pretty good, I can just snip and paste images straight into a post as I type, like this....
upload_2016-12-8_16-17-14.png

But lots of forums don't allow this and insist on offsite image hosting. I suppose Shaun must have a mahoosive server in his spare room.

A good, free alternative to Photobucket would be great if such a beast exists?

Tim Hall

Google photos seems ok. I used to use Picasa web albums but Google closed that and merged it with Google Photos. If you have a Google account you'll have access to Google Photos included.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I use Flickr. You get 1TB of space, which is a metric f-ton of photos. I have an app on my phone that automatically uploads them when it's charging and connected to WiFi. They're private by default, so I can choose what to do with them when they're uploaded.

Reactions: gbb

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was doing a bit more messing around with images a few years ago and liked this site:

http://www.23hq.com/

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Try sites.google.com , which has a 100MB limit per site, but you can create multiple sites (I have 3 so far).

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What do you mean by not working on "low power devices"?
Last I checked, Flickr was so overburdened with scripting that it displays black rectangles for ages (and sometimes forever) and eats batteries. It's displaying a picture gallery: how much whizzy web browser programming should that take?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Last I checked, Flickr was so overburdened with scripting that it displays black rectangles for ages (and sometimes forever) and eats batteries. It's displaying a picture gallery: how much whizzy web browser programming should that take?
Seems fine to me on my Lumia 950 using Edge. Get yourself a decent phone! ^_^

Top Bottom