Photography question. Camera change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Crackle said:
After thinking about it, I might keep it. I doubt I can take shots like this with a Bridge camera, so.......
_IGP1033.jpg

I might, instead, look at replacing my S30 compact. After playing with my Pentax, I realized I would miss it.

Nice pic, excellent Depth-of-field technique. I think you'd struggle to get this image with a P&S!

I'm gonna guess, and make myself look stupid, but was this with a roughly 100mm lens at about f2... and from about 8ft distance....?;)

SpiritofTheBeachDogLargeSmall.jpg

OP
OP
C

Crackle

:smile: Pretty spot on except the distance because it's a 100mm macro lens but I can see precisely where you're coming from: Dogs and beaches eh. :smile:

You also didn't guess the other piece of essential equipment. Dog treat held above head, my head that is. ;)

Edit: In fact if you look in his eyes, you see the shape of my arm holding it.

Crackle said:
:smile: Pretty spot on except the distance because it's a 100mm macro lens but I can see precisely where you're coming from:
:biggrin::biggrin:

Crackle said:
You also didn't guess the other piece of essential equipment. Dog treat held above head, my head that is. ;)
:smile: you cheat!!:biggrin:

Crackle said:
Dogs and beaches eh. :smile:
they're the best arn't they....? The beach which Ted is on has very soft, 'sinking' sand.....he LOVES IT!

If you're thinking of just 'losing' a camera......:smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Crackle said:
After thinking about it, I might keep it. I doubt I can take shots like this with a Bridge camera, so.......
_IGP1033.jpg

I might, instead, look at replacing my S30 compact. After playing with my Pentax, I realized I would miss it.

not sure i couldn't do that with the lumix on a tripod and the camera set to manual focus. failing that, i can use photoshop to blur off what needs to be blurred.

nice shot though. i've only got cats, and they're considerable less compliant than dogs on the photo front…

OP
OP
C

Crackle

alecstilleyedye said:
not sure i couldn't do that with the lumix on a tripod and the camera set to manual focus. failing that, i can use photoshop to blur off what needs to be blurred.

Go on then, try it on a sleepy cat. Blurring with photoshop is allowed, though you'd have to be quite careful with a close-up. I must admit, I'd be impressed if you managed a close up like that, seeing as I used a specific macro lens but then again, it's a long way from as close as it'll go so maybe your macro function would work at that distance. I'd like to see if it would actually, that'd be interesting.

Crackle said:
Go on then, try it....../..... I'd like to see if it would actually, that'd be interesting.

Me too, and how long it takes to achieve.....I've had to sell my SLR digital gear, and would be interested to know how it looks....in case I can afford to get snapping again (now I have to 'borrow' my daughters P&S!)

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I've tweaked this a bit in photoshop now. I'm actually really pleased with this picture. Amazing how one picture can change my view completely.

Marley%20face.jpg

Top Bottom