Photography

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CJ87

Any other photographers here? This is one of my favourites, taken at wentwood reservoir a few months ago. Click to enlarge!
Chris

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Very nice. Long exposure to get the boats in the foreground moving?

Or be honest - was that accidental?

OP
OP
C

CJ87

Heres one of my better action shots, Zara Phillips riding at Badminton, taken on a D40 with a 300mm Tamron telephoto. Unfortunately I've had to reduce the file size considerably, so again click to enlarge!

OP
OP
C

CJ87

Uncle Phil said:
Very nice. Long exposure to get the boats in the foreground moving?

Or be honest - was that accidental?

:becool: Not accidental honest!
18mm Focal Length
F/4.5
Shutter speed 30 seconds
ISO 400

So yeah quite a long exposure, it was actually pitch black at the time but the longer shutter speed makes it look like dusk!

pzycoman

*waves arms* memememe

Check out my richmond park thread, brand spanking new 170-500mm beast (Sigma, NAF fitting), D300 with battery grip, I need a new neck now, its stupidly heavy...

OP
OP
C

CJ87

pzycoman said:
*waves arms* memememe

Check out my richmond park thread, brand spanking new 170-500mm beast (Sigma, NAF fitting), D300 with battery grip, I need a new neck now, its stupidly heavy...

Haha awesome, I thought there might be! I'll check it out now, love the d300 cracking piece of kit, a photography buddy of mine uses one and it is superb! I'm stuck with the D40x for the time being.

pzycoman

I had a D70 till a few months ago when it stopped working (120k pictures, it konked out, had it for 4 years) - I decided to get a decent camera now that I know roughly how to use it :becool:

Iv got a few lenses for my camera - 28-300 Sigma (Thats on the camera most of the time, nice wide range, bit crappy at 300mm tho), 70-300 (lightweight zoom), 105mm macro, 50mm f/1.4 manual, 50-500mm Sigma and my new 170-500mm - not sure if im gunna keep it, gunna see how it compares to the 50-500mm

OP
OP
C

CJ87

Rhythm Thief said:
I'm a photographer too! Another Nikon user (D200, with a Sigma 15-30, a Tamron 70 - 300 and a Nikon 50mm prime lens). I also use a Nikon F100 sometimes.
Here's one of my recent shots, taken a few hours ago near Monmouth. There are lots more of mine in the Treklens link in my signature.

Got to love the Tamron 70-300, my favourite lens at the moment! Monmouth? I'm down the road in Caerleon:biggrin:! Thats an awesome shot, really like what you've done with the contrast, suits the subject matter well.

on the road

Über Member
Here's one of mine taken 3 years ago. It's Conwy Falls in North Wales, 1/6th second at f/19 at 60mm using a Minolta camera.
ConwyFalls2.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
/Raises hand

I use a Nikon D70, Nikon F3HP, Nikon F90x, Nikon FE, Canon Canonet QL19 GIII, Kiev 4a, Yashica Electro - I like an Olympus XA2 or Mju-II for taking along whilst on the bike.
Pictures are in the link in my sig.

My favourites change all the time, but I think the best stuff I did was my "White Suit" set - a series of portraits of people I asked on the spot for a picture linked by the fact that their job is traditionally done by people wearing white.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Ditto.

I don't get out much (as much as I'd like!) with two youngsters and most of my shots now are of people... which is interesting as I *didn't do* people shots when I first started - preferred architecture/landscape/abstract more.

I am eally disorganised with my workflow to get stuff onto websits/backed up and it's surely only a matter of time until a disk crashes and I loose tons of stuff..... << hopes that Fate ignores her invitation >> :angry:

I use a play DSLR - the Canon 350D (Rebel XT?) but it seems to do the trick.

Don't have any images I can easily link to at the moment*... any suggestions regarding hosting etc. that people use/recommend? (nowt like cheek! :biggrin:)

* Other than 'standard' holiday/baby pics on Picassa etc.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I am eally disorganised with my workflow to get stuff onto websits/backed up and it's surely only a matter of time until a disk crashes and I loose tons of stuff..... << hopes that Fate ignores her invitation >> :angry:
This happenned to me - seriously, get it backed up NOW.

Regarding image hosting, my family stuff goes on photobox, my stuff I want comments etc on goes on Flickr, and my scrappy but possibly of interest to people who know me stuff goes on Facebook.

Melvil

This is one of my more recent ones I'm happy with. Just got a new lens actually, a Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 Macro. Seems quite good so far.

jashburnham

i'm just getting back into it. Lost my old school Olympus SLR in Athens 10 years ago and never replaced it... until May when I bought a EOS 450D which I'm chuffed with. Actually I'm looking for something of a jack of all trade lens, mostly photograph architecture and landscape but some sports as well which makes things tricky!. Budget is prob £400 or so, any recommendations? I was thinking a 70-200mm?

Top Bottom