Phrases I`m getting increasingly sick of hearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I was in America a few years ago i was chatting to an American about he said he uses a weed eater to cut the grass round trees and edge the lawn.What the hell is a weed eater.what he described was a strimer.
My parents had a weed eater when I was younger, no kidding. :whistle: I vividly recall it didn't like me much.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Has 'Back in the day',when referring to events in years gone by, been mentioned yet? I'm tired of hearing it,but seeing as it seems to be a fairly new phrase i think i'm going to be hearing it a lot more! :thumbsdown:

Gunk

Guru
Does anyone else get irritated by complete strangers calling you “buddy” the chap who served me earlier today at the petrol station insisted on saying it, I’m sure he was just trying to be friendly, but I bloody hate it. :stop:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Has 'Back in the day',when referring to events in years gone by, been mentioned yet? I'm tired of hearing it,but seeing as it seems to be a fairly new phrase i think i'm going to be hearing it a lot more! :thumbsdown:

That's not new, maybe it's been slowly spreading North? I've been hearing that one for what, getting on for 15 years... young colleagues had it in constant use in the mid 2000s when I was London based... most often it's used by a 17 year old to describe a situation that happened when he was 15. You see it on YouTube a lot too... seek out a popular song from 2 years ago and it'll have comments below such as "this was me and my bae's tune back in the day". It's definitely a youth phrase, see also "oh my days". :rolleyes:

Top Bottom