Physiotherapy on the NHS - what a joke!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helmet tester

NHS is just a joke in general.
Apologies to anybody who works in the NHS

No apology neccessary. I work for them. we just want to do an honest days graft and provide a 'SERVICE' for PEOPLE. instead we're being run by middle/senior managers who would be better placed selling BMW's.

the truth is we're no longer driven by clinical priorities, thats all now secondary to 'efficiency targets' - as long as we tick the right boxes and meet targets the dont seem to give a flying damn about the quality of our work. And these fly-boys are resorting to bullying tactics, threatening us with disciplinary action if we dont achieve quantative targets.

Its not a service anymore, its gone all corporate and you can be assured most people doing the actual real work in the NHS are well pissed off with it.

you'll get a 'more efficient' service on paper, in corporate terms, but in reality a watered down service.

People blame front line staff and say stuff like 'youve got it easy compared to the private sector' .... not so - we have demanding, draining, responsible jobs usually on inadequate resources and the majority of us are doing the job because we genuinely care about helping people and making a useful contribution to society. instead theyre driving us into a 'f**K it, its only a job, i'll do the minimum i can get away with'. Sad, but when your run by a bunch of corporate minded clowns this is what happens. Anyone who has had any decent management training knows this - there are good ways and bad ways of motivating and getting the best from your employees.

I'm currently having problems with some injuries / specific conditions that cause me sevre pain when cycling and if i could afford to i'd go private - because i'll have months of being dismissed and fobbed off by GPs who are driven to avoid spending money. I know exactly what the problems are, theyre symptom specific to the letter, but i'll have to jump through hoops.

bloody frustrating, but politically we've all to an extent let this happen via our political apathy and an attitude of 'this is the world we live in, thats just how it is'

Top Bottom