Pick one of these bike for me pls...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamhearn

Veteran
Are you sure that the Synapse will not take the guards you'd want? Ask the supplier (Evans I assume) to fit them so any fettling will be handled by them. Not sure about the rack mind you. As above, I have 28s with Cruds on mine and there's loads of space so I'm not sure why you think 25 is the maximum.

The CAADX seems like the choice but check the geometry is OK as it will be different to the Synapse.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What are you like when buying a car or heaven forbid a house? :ohmy:

or choosing what topping to have on your burger !!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you sure that the Synapse will not take the guards you'd want? Ask the supplier (Evans I assume) to fit them so any fettling will be handled by them. Not sure about the rack mind you. As above, I have 28s with Cruds on mine and there's loads of space so I'm not sure why you think 25 is the maximum.

The CAADX seems like the choice but check the geometry is OK as it will be different to the Synapse.
You can fit a rack on most any bike - my PX has no mounts so I have one fitted with P clips :smile:

OP
OP
D

dac

To the guys that have helped me out - thank you.
To those who want to take the piss - do one.

Still think the synapse would work best and I wouldn't get hung up on dual levers,my other half has them on her Liv and she hardly uses them now(first mod will be some 105 shifters and 10 spd cassette so I can then bin the extra levers^_^).

If you can stretch it get the 105 version,shifting is much slicker than sora etc although the new Tiagra is good too.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Being someone who suffers from chronic indecision myself, I'm sympathetic to anyone who has difficulty in choosing, but there comes a point when you have to make up your own mind rather than keep asking more questions that other people can't really answer on your behalf. Grasp the nettle, man!

For what it's worth, the Synapse is probably the one off your list I'd go for myself. Not sure I'd be happy about fitting a rack with P-clips though. I've fitted mudguards with P-clips before but they don't need to support as much weight as a rack - I'd be concerned about loading that extra weight on the seatstays.

The CAADX is a different bike, so it's not really safe to assume that it will be a good fit based on riding the Synapse.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Top Bottom