Pigeon Deterrent.... Any ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
And squirrels appreciate being given the free brain training puzzle activity. đŸ˜„
At least they have a brain ...unlike the pigeons. :laugh:

figbat

Slippery scientist
We've stopped filling our feeder after seeing a rat feeding on the overspill from underneath it in broad daylight. Other than that we do get pigeons, crows and rooks on it amongst the cute little birds. And squirrels.

BianchiVirgin

Ăœber Member
Just build a wire mesh "ball" around the feeder through which the small birds can fit but the pigeons can't. Obviously in such a way that you can refill it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Pigeons need a water supply too, so you could remove the bird bath..and change feed.
I'm mostly using fat balls at the moment but I have the pigeons still as they hover up all the mess..and like my pond :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We have a pair of Collared Doves who fly around constantly. One of the neighbours used to feed them but very odd thing is the numbers do not increase as they did in the past. Either they are same sex or she is feeding them some underhand mixture to keep them sterile.

Chippy Dave

Use a hanging feeder or one that’s too small for the pigeons to get on to, but as said earlier on here pigeons are birds too and they still need to eat, just like starlings.

Top Bottom