Pilates anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Uncle Mort said:
I've tried yoga in the past and disliked it, as I didn't feel it was 'doing' anything - too impatient I'm sure.

I reckon you could have the same problem with pilates too then.

I don't do it, but my wife did both yoga and pilates. She preferred yoga but I'm sure the preference was a great deal to do with the teachers, location, etc.

Jim_Noir

Uncle Mort, go for it what it does to your core is amazing, I do it twice a week along with yoga and the diffrence in my core and flexability as amazing. I too though at first it wasn't doing anything, I'm a cardio junkie so if I don't feel my heart beating out my chest I don't see the point... however I gave it a few weeks andI could feel a massive diffrence in everything I did... was running faster and longer, kicking and punching harder... go for it and stick with it

jay1lk

Do this once a week. Along with the teacher, group size will have an impact as well. Obviously the smaller the group the better.
A little strange at first but after a few sessions you do notice quite a difference. Great for the core. Woken a couple of times the following morning knowing I have given my core some abuse :biggrin:

Fantus

My mum used to do Pilates, she said is was really good and enjoyed it quite a lot. No kidding that it is a bit odd at first though. Well worth a go from what she's said, but may take more than one session to get a gist of what it's like.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Find out what the aims of the class are first. I learnt from a DVD and loved it but then went to a class which was more for rehabilitation and found it wasn't hard enough for me so I wasn't feeling any benefit.

Definitely do it. I do advanced pilates every week and I found it really helped my core strength, balance and flexibility when on the bike. Generally I suffer less back pain too (although I still have the odd bout of it), since I have been doing pilates. I get more aches and pains if I miss a few sessions.
The first time you do it it will hurt to laugh for about a week afterwards :evil:

Top Bottom