Piles/ haemorroids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Just don't get the tubes of Anusol and Autosol mixed up ,otherwise you could be in for an unpleasant surprise

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My 7yo overheard me discussing my treatment with my wife this morning:
“Daddy, what’s a bum torpedo?” 🤣🤣😬

I know it is not really funny in case you are offended by my laugh.
I got an operation a few years ago ( Thank you Mr Scobie ) a very good surgeon but very meticulous and disliked by his colleagues. Being no stranger to hospitals and surgeons I can say with full confidence it was one of my worst recoveries. First bowel movement described by a doctor as like passing balls of red hot needles steeped in acid.
She was not wrong.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I know it is not really funny in case you are offended by my laugh.
Not at all! The suppositories seem to be helping with the itching (although it’s not much fun shoving them up). Mine aren’t so bad that operating is even on the radar… I think I’d have to be tripping over them to go that far, cos I’ve heard similar to what you say about how painful it is… 😬

lazybloke

Considering a new username
First bowel movement described by a doctor as like passing balls of red hot needles steeped in acid.
She was not wrong.

Oh, I know someone who has proudly announced his impending surgery. I'm not so mean as to share your knowledge, but i might recommend a giant syringe of prilocaine/lidocaine.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Oh, I know someone who has proudly announced his impending surgery. I'm not so mean as to share your knowledge, but i might recommend a giant syringe of prilocaine/lidocaine.

My memory is a bit faulty. I should have put red hot needles wrapped in barbed wire for first bowel movement.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My memory is a bit faulty. I should have put red hot needles wrapped in barbed wire for first bowel movement.

After my 1st cancer operation my bowels ceased to work (think it was the anaesthetic ).
After 2 days I was in agony and a nurse came to give me a suppository. She asked "are you OK if pull the curtain and do it here"?
I said "I don't care if you do it in the car park....just get it done".....it worked very quickly. Not sure the guy in the next bed was impressed but I was beyond caring.

After my 1st cancer operation my bowels ceased to work (think it was the anaesthetic ).
After 2 days I was in agony and a nurse came to give me a suppository. She asked "are you OK if pull the curtain and do it here"?
I said "I don't care if you do it in the car park....just get it done".....it worked very quickly. Not sure the guy in the next bed was impressed but I was beyond caring.

I'm glad the earlier poster saw the doc. I had one major bleed I dismissed as piles. It was nearly a year later I was diagnosed with bowel cancer. After the op I was in hospital 4days before they sent me home to have a sh1t. I think I did 2 days later!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I'm glad the earlier poster saw the doc. I had one major bleed I dismissed as piles. It was nearly a year later I was diagnosed with bowel cancer. After the op I was in hospital 4days before they sent me home to have a sh1t. I think I did 2 days later!
Thanks @HLaB . The doc said I'd be getting the 'poo sticks' through the post in the coming weeks. She didn't seem to think it likely, but it's definitely worth (hopefully) ruling out the possibility. Two of my friends (younger son's class teacher, and my colleague's mum, who was also my elder son's nursery keyworker) are fighting bowel cancer at the moment. :sad: It's great to see how your cycling fitness is doing in your recovery, Adrian.

CXRAndy

Guru
This happened to me a number of years ago. What helped after the initial swelling had subsided was intall a bidet at home. I found I was very sensitive to cleaning my arse, using a bidet and dabbing dry, instead of wiping has eliminated any issues I had.

Touch wood (wrong term:laugh:) not had any issues for quite a few years now. Plus the way I eat and food type has greatly helped. I dont fuss over not going to the loo for several days

Badger_Boom

Über Member
My 7yo overheard me discussing my treatment with my wife this morning:
“Daddy, what’s a bum torpedo?” 🤣🤣😬
If he overheard anyone complainng about potential symptoms of Emmas, a colleague who was a sufferer would offer them one of his "bum sweets".

Tom B

Guru
Curious this thread should bubble up on my feed today:

For the first time in a good few years I had a pile bubble up yesterday. I was a bit concerned as today was Big Walk Wednesday, but the offending pile had subsided by this morning and I was able to walk unaffected.

For the record, and the "treatment list" I have found that a small kiddies step stool to put in front of the throne to place your feet on while performing the evacuation takes the strain off and prevents pins and needles. As does letting gravity do the work and spending a few moments of time and contemplation (and reading cycle chat) while waiting for "the second coming".

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Curious this thread should bubble up on my feed today:

For the first time in a good few years I had a pile bubble up yesterday. I was a bit concerned as today was Big Walk Wednesday, but the offending pile had subsided by this morning and I was able to walk unaffected.

For the record, and the "treatment list" I have found that a small kiddies step stool to put in front of the throne to place your feet on while performing the evacuation takes the strain off and prevents pins and needles. As does letting gravity do the work and spending a few moments of time and contemplation (and reading cycle chat) while waiting for "the second coming".

Reminds me of a trick I learned as a backpacker. If constipation strikes, put your pack on the floor and your feet up on it as you sit on the toilet. Not a miracle cure but definitely better than nothing...

Dave7

Legendary Member
Reminds me of a trick I learned as a backpacker. If constipation strikes, put your pack on the floor and your feet up on it as you sit on the toilet. Not a miracle cure but definitely better than nothing...

I could have used your back pack yesterday^_^
Back to normal today thank goodness

Top Bottom