Pilot Bikes, Dutch Ti frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harry Jacques

"The seat stay bridge has gone"....yes, they told me that the reason is that it gives more comfort without it....you are right about the photos....the wheels they use are also different from the photo i thougt, i cannot see it very well, but i m sure they use the wheels of OHR cycling, its an other part off their company, same owner, and the alloy wheels are very beautifull and very good. They have developped their own hubs also.....http://www.ohrcycling.com/

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
The inevitable happened today - I fitted the carbon bars to the turbo bike and crushed them :laugh: Cheap stem had an internal lip that I hadn't noticed before which bit in to the carbon well before the torque wrench clicked :rolleyes: I tightened them anyway and jumped up and down on them a bit, they didn't collapse under my weight even when damaged so with a bit more care fitting them they may have been ok but are now destined for the bin :sad: Deda superzero bars now ordered to match the Bianchi :okay::laugh:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The inevitable happened today - I fitted the carbon bars to the turbo bike and crushed them :laugh: Cheap stem had an internal lip that I hadn't noticed before which bit in to the carbon well before the torque wrench clicked :rolleyes: I tightened them anyway and jumped up and down on them a bit, they didn't collapse under my weight even when damaged so with a bit more care fitting them they may have been ok but are now destined for the bin :sad: Deda superzero bars now ordered to match the Bianchi :okay::laugh:

Ouch, not ideal at all. I just bought some from Aliexpress this morning, I will treat them with kid gloves.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
These ones came from eBay, the ones from aliexpress were a different brand and seemed much thicker. Oh well, it was an experiment after all. Be interested to know how you get on with the ones you've ordered, I rather wish I'd been a bit more careful with them :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I got sent this photo of my now finished rims this morning, now just waiting for them to ship from Singapore :becool:

2019-03-20_21h58_05.png

Pretty exciting!

I nearly edited my name out of the photo but realised its not hard to guess from my username so was probably a waste of effort :blush::laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Looks lovely, I still haven't seen one in the flesh although I am back in touch with the guys at Pilot :okay:

Exciting day today, my carbon rims arrived after an 8 week wait :becool: I had ordered rim tape and tyres only last week which arrived a few days ago so I was able to build the wheels and fit the tyres this afternoon ^_^

20190405_124954.jpg

20190405_152344.jpg

20190405_155207.jpg

Front done!

20190405_162025.jpg

20190405_211151.jpg

Both done!

I quickly ditched the purple alloy spoke nipples in favour of more durable brass. A bit of a shame to lose the colour but I think I'll be happy with my decision a year or so down the line when I go to true them :laugh: I oiled the nipples and used copper grease on the spoke threads so should be good to go once I get the frameset specced and ordered ^_^:becool:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I returned to blighty today to the news that there are some demo bikes en route to my lbs for imminent arrival - exciting times! I'm away again at the weekend but have a well placed few weeks off looming on the horizon so should get ample opportunity for a test ride :bicycle: Exciting times!

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Popped in to Elmy Cycles this afternoon to pick up this little beauty...

20190412_145140.jpg
20190412_145433.jpg
20190412_145200.jpg
20190412_145425.jpg
20190412_145257.jpg
20190412_145415.jpg
20190412_145221.jpg

It looks beautiful - I'm off to Wales shortly for some mountain biking but am back tomorrow evening so will aim to get a decent ride in on Sunday to try it out - I must remember the brakes are t'other way round though, else it could be embarassing at junctions :laugh:

I suspect the test ride is a formality, it looks lovely so I hope to put my order in very shortly :okay:

Top Bottom