Pimp my ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadlem

Having only just joined this forum I thought I'd lower the tone. I've recently got back into cycling after a 12 year break. Treated myself to a Dawes Discovery and fitted some ludacris Deda Elementi Chrono bar extensions to it, so I can pretend I'm Chris Hoy going down the Village high street.

Having realised too late what I'd done , I wondered to myself: What is the most expensive or extravagant upgrade anyone has added to a relatively normal bike?

Posts must be along the lines of a Citroen Saxo fitted with £2000 chrome spinners or a Mondeo with a 5000w stereo and neon underlights. I'm sure you get the idea.

I'm normally a sensible guy but the cycle upgrade got the better of me!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, I upgraded my Sora components by fitting a Carbon frame to them! And I did once fit tribars to a Daewoo Shuttle, but only as a dare.

OP
OP
J

jadlem

The Daewoo upgrade sounds along the right lines. Can you posta picture for us? I'll post my Dawes as soon as I can figure out what I need to do.

J

Mortiroloboy

I put a full Campy veloce groupset on a Giant SCR4, changed the seat post, saddle, handle bars and stem, wheels and fork.:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
User259iroloboy said:
I put a full Campy veloce groupset on a Giant SCR4, changed the seat post, saddle, handle bars and stem, wheels and fork.:biggrin:

Not really an SCR4 now is it :biggrin:

Mortiroloboy

Joe24 said:
Not really an SCR4 now is it :laugh:
No, s'pose not, well the frame says SCR4 on it, I was thinking about getting some letraset (can you still buy it?) and putting .5 after the 4 , so it becomes an SCR4.5, like the SCR1.5;)

Joe24

I changed the bar tape, saddle(my god thats a killer of a saddle) tyres and thats it.
I think you should change it to SCR0.4, or maybe just .4 if you havent got room.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Set of HED Jets for my best bike for TT'ing - cost about £600 12 years ago

Joe24

Chuffy said:
I once had the only Royal Mail bike with a computer fitted. No need for aerobars, I just used to hang on to the edge of the mail tray. :biggrin:

Oooh yeh:becool:
I think i'm going to lower my bike, put some neons on it, plastic spinned on the back, and a paper mache disc wheel up front.
I'll put my mobile on the handlebars and have some proper baning music playing.

wafflycat

Rhythm Thief said:
Wasn't there a bloke on C+ who fitted a MASSIVE stereo system to his bike, complete with car battery, loud drum n bass and huge speakers in a trailer? Plus a load of flashing lights wrapped around the frame. Anyone else remember him?

That'll be Sam, and he's lovely. And that's Beatrix the sound system.

As Sam says, "4 subwoofers, 6 mids and 10 tweeters and almost 15,000 watts of pure music power, if this was in a car, it'd be winning competitions. But it's not, it gets towed behind a bicycle bringing smiles and long forgotten dance moves to the people it passes." :biggrin:

Here she is

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZlvGmXVEI

I'm in there too!

Top Bottom