Pimp your ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve just bought a new bike and I always enjoy tailoring it to my own preferences.

Although I’m fairly conservative, each of my bikes is slightly different, but all my road bikes are fitted with Cinelli cork ribbon bar tape (must be black) and I always fit double sided platform/SPD pedals as I often just ride in jeans and trainers.

how do you pimp your ride?

Twilkes

Guru
Blue bar tape, blue headset cap, blue valve caps, blue mudguard bolts, blue hubs. Although I never clean it so none of that is visible.

Garmin mount same colour as the frame.
Valve caps same colour....
Saddle, if available, same colour...
Pump same colour...
Bottle cages you get the drift...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
dynatech.jpg

I need a purple QR, purple levers, purple bar tape and purple anything else that can be purple.
TL;DR Purple.

Bhitucyclist

I never thought of this ! I have to think how to pimp ! Does anyone know how to get the flurouscent colours/ tapes for the wheel spokes - i love the florouscent yellow wear a lot of that but want that colour on the bike too

Eziemnaik

Über Member
I’ve just bought a new bike and I always enjoy tailoring it to my own preferences.

Although I’m fairly conservative, each of my bikes is slightly different, but all my road bikes are fitted with Cinelli cork ribbon bar tape (must be black) and I always fit double sided platform/SPD pedals as I often just ride in jeans and trainers.

how do you pimp your ride?
Usually I put her on the corner and wait for customers

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I double wrap the bar tape (also in Cinelli Cork), just for comfiness as standard factory tape is never fat enough or feels as nice.
I did a saddle swap to a leather one on my last bike, (to a Brooks B17), Genesis saddles are hard and don't suit me.

Sometimes I've been known to swap bottle cages to colour match, although it wasn't necessary on my last bike as everything but the orange frame was black anyway and the black cages looked good.

all mine have rear trunk racks, same for the family's bikes (which I buy & maintain), so that adds up. family of 4 has 7 bikes. over the years many more have come & gone. one of mine kept requiring repairs so I made a major alteration, which included a DIY wooden platform. seems to be holding. I think all the racks are stable for the time being

Last edited:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
How odd that this topic should pop up. I have a 15 year old Rayleigh Royal I bought new. I have up graded most parts as they wore out but have recently been thinking new tourer or custom paint my Rayleigh and put the best practical mechanics I can afford. The frame is great and only having the one bike it does all I need and more. Pimp or buy another?

Top Bottom